"There are ways we can do this but your help will be necessary. As will Genya's," He said. Liliya narrowed her eyes slightly but nodded. She knew what Aleksander was likely to do. They had discussed various ways to gain somebody's trust and she didn't entirely hate the idea that he was thinking of. Provided she had her fair share of fun.

"And how do we ensure that nobody is suspicious? I wear your colours, we do not need rumours," Liliya explained. Then she saw the look on his face, "So I do get to have my fun? I suppose I deserve it after the silent treatment you gave me," She mumbled. He pinched her chin with his thumb and finger, lifting her face.

"How else was I supposed to ensure your loyalty? Especially with your father's return," Aleksander asked and then it made sense. A scoff escaped Liliya's lips and she ran her hands under the fabric of his kefta, lifting her face close to his.

"I am only loyal to you, General. I'd happily kill all of Ravka if you wished," Liliya admitted. One of her hands moving to gently push through his hair. Aleksander was pleased with her words and pulled her closer, pressing a kiss to her lips. It was passionate and hungry. His hands keeping her body pressed against his but then he pulled back.

"And I am loyal to you, milaya," He said before he let go of her waist. She smiled up at him and nodded her head. There was a part of her that doubted his words. He was the General of the Second Army, not a man to swear loyalty to anyone but his people. He wasn't even loyal to his King. But those words gave her reassurance.

Despite how she appeared to him, she was worried. About him. About the Summoner. About Isaak. She knew that they could kill him together but Isaak was clever and the extent of his powers weren't even known to her. There was a risk and she hoped that neither of them would end up dead by the end. Her hands buried in the pockets of her pants as she watched him leave.

The cloak around his shoulders, keeping him warm with his kefta buttoned up. He looked like the General he was and he was hers. No Sun Summoner or seduction of them could change that. They both had a role to play and they would play it immaculately. One would be the soft lover, one would be the distant mystery who they yearned for. Liliya just hoped with all of her that the Summoner would fall for it. That whoever they were would enjoy the attention and fall for the charms of the two Shadow Summoners.

Their plan had to work and if it didn't, Liliya had another one and she just hoped she'd never have to use it. She would never want to become like her father was.

***

The tent was quiet and dark. Only dull candlelight keeping the Grisha in light. Everyone had been gathered for the reveal of the Sun Summoner but they were quiet. In front of the General, nobody expressed their excitement or happiness. It was clear that they had found their saving grace or what everyone thought would save them.

Liliya was stood beside Aleksander. His back to the entrance of the tent as he stared down at the table. His finger skimming across the parchment before he looked to her. She looked back at him and nodded. The Sun Summoner who had been identified as Alina Starkov was about to join them. Aleksander would confirm she is who everyone believed she was and then their plan could continue. Their roles would be played and Liliya would try and gain her father.

Alina was flanked by two guards as she walked in. The tent parted to allow her entrance. She looked terrified. Her hands pushed to her sides and every muscle was tense. Her gaze flicking across the room. I

"Bring her closer," Aleksander said, his back still turned to them. Liliya had to hold back the urge to roll her eyes but instead smiled softly to the girl. Hoping that it would ease her anxiety somewhat. Liliya understood the fear when facing the Black General, General Kirigan. She had felt it until she realised how easy it was to defy him and how little he cared for her defiance. Though, that would not be the case for Miss Starkov. The guards brought Alina up onto the wooden platform that formed the floor of the tent. They let her go and she stepped forward.