ꕥ16ꕥ

Grover POV

I hate myself. Oh gods, i hate myself. How could i do that to her. She must hate me. But for some reason, i felt something was wrong. Not just her pain. She was in danger.

I was talking to the demigod i was supposed to bring back to Camp when i just couldn't take the feeling anymore.

"I have to go." I said abruptly to Jay, the demigod. I didn't wait for a reply. I left and tried to get to Camp as soon as i can.

☀︎︎
Lyra POV

I sat at the foot of the tree and cried. How am i supposed to join my mom? I know Grover doesn't care about me, but i care for him. I know 'you should just let it go. Hes not worth it' but you don't understand.

My entire life ive been rejected. Rejected by foster parents after foster parent. No one has ever cared. Ive always been a loner. Ive always been a loser.

No one wants me. No one ever will. I might as well just die.

"Hello, halfblood."

I looked up to see someone i never thought id see.
Ms. Organa. Well, cyclops version. She had a long sword in her hands.

"W-what are you doing here" I asked, voice shaky.

Her one eye blinked while a smirk came across her face. "To kill you, obviously." She said.

"LYRA!"

I turned to see someone I thought id never see again. To be honest, id rather The Cyclops kill me than see him again.

GROVER.

"RUN!" He yelled to me.

I didn't have time to respond. I felt a sharp pain in my side  i let out a scream. I looked down to see a sword in my side. Ms. Organa pulled the sword back out, earning another shriek from me. And thats when everything went black.

꧁Grover POV꧂

I watched in horror as the sword entered Lyra.  A scream escaped her mouth. Oh i wish i could describe the pain i felt watching the scene.

"GROVER!"

I turned to see Percy, Annabeth and Artemis and her hunters. Artemis took her bow and shot an arrow right into the Cyclops eye. She went down and didn't come back up.

I ran to Lyra. Her Orange shirt was now Crimson red. There was blood coming from her mouth. I didn't even know i was crying until i saw tears falling from my face.

"Oh no." I heard Artemis say as she walked over and put her hand on her forehead. "She-she wont make it." 

"NO! NO! SHE HAS TOO!" I said. "NO! Lyra im sorry! Please, Come back. Please!!"

"Grover...." Annabeth said, putting her hand kn my shoulder.

"Please!! Do something!" I yelled to Artemis. "Please! I love her! Please."

I knew it was no use. Artemis wouldn't do anything for me. I loved her daughter and she hated all males. Even if i was a Satyr.

Artemis thought for a moment "step back." She said.

Percy pulled me away from Lyra's bloody form.

"Look away. All of you." Artemis said.

Everyone did. Artemis turned into her real form. I couldn't see what she was doing, but i hoped she was helping her.

"You can look now." Artemis said.

We all turned back to see Lyra's body to be gone. I immediately panicked even more. "Wh-where is she?!?"

"Wait one moment" Artemis said, looking at the juniper tree.

We all looked at the tree and thats when we saw it.
A nymph emerged from the tree. She had beautiful green skin and elvish features. She had long red hair and yellowish-green eyes.

"Is that...?" I asked "Lyra?" The shock was setting in.

She nymph smiled. "Grover!" She yelled as she ran over to me and hugged me!

I hugged back. "Lyra? Is it really you?" I asked.

The nymphs pulled away. "Well, yes and no. My new name is Juniper. But im still the same. And i forgive you." She said. Lyr-i mean, Juniper smiled.

I smiled back. And she kissed me and i kissed her. We pulled away and we both smiled.

"Juniper," i said. "I didn't want to hurt you. I thought that your life would be better off without me. I thought that it would be because of me that you would decline your mom. And j didn't want that."

Juniper smiled "its ok, Grover. Ive forgiven you. You're the braves Satyr ever"