9✔︎

"I've always loved you, Lyra." Grover said. "You're the only person I want."

I smiled "i love you too."Grover was leaning in for a kiss when i heard a knocking noise.

"Lyra!! Wake up."

I woke up. My eyes flickered open and I could see the light of the sun pouring through my cabin windows
"What the heck did i just dream?" I asked myself. Why would i dream that? Oh crap.....im in love with Grover Underwood. I mean, sure. I've always sorta had a crush in him but i just never talked about it because, come on. A Half-blood and a Satyr. Thats just weird......right?And Aphrodite needs to stay out of my dreams!

"LYRA!!" Annabeth yelled through my door again.

"Im comin'!" I yelled back. I quickly got out of bed and put on my clothes. My camp orange half-blood shirt and jean shorts. I put my Auburn hair in a braid.

I opened the cabin door to see Annabeth standing there, her arms crossed across her chest. "You sleep in too much." She said.

I yawned and rolled my eyes "Sorry. I was awake late last night practicing Archery. I do my best work in the moonlight" i said

"You could get in trouble for being awake that late, ya know?" Annabeth said, starting to walk to the stable and I followed.

"Yeah, but my mom is goddess of the moon......night's my element." I said, shrugging my shoulders

."Technically, Nyx is the goddess of the night." Annabeth said

."But the moon comes out at night, so technically im a child of the night." I said. I know, I know. Its never smart to try to Argue with Annabeth Chase. But, come on. Why not. Every once in a blue moon you can win, but its possible

.Annabeth was about to reply when someone called my name. I turned to see Grover walking over to me. I immediately blushed, the dream i had coming back to my mind.

I think annabeth noticed my red face cause she smirked. "Welllll....im gonna go find Percy. You have fun." She said and walked away. I made a mental note to get her back for that later.

Grover finally made his way to me, a smile on his face. "if you want i can come and check on Moose today. See how he feels." He said

."Oh, that would be great but my schedule is packed and i have so much to do so maybe later" i lied. I would want nothing more than to spend time with grover, but i cant let myself fall for him anymore. Im a demigod. He's not.

Grovers smile vanished "oh. Ok. Thats fine. Just let me know when you want me to talk to him." He said and walked away.I wanted to yell for him to come back, I wanted to run to him and hug him and never let go. But I didn't. I should've, but I didn't.

<><><><><><>
I saw Grover a couple more time today, but I avoided talking to him or being anywhere close to him. I couldn't risk it.

Later that day. I was laying on my bed, reading a book, trying to get updated on greek mythology, when someone slammed open my cabin door. Annabeth and Percy walked in, a mad look on their faces. They shut the door and percy sat at the seat at my desk and annabeth beside me on my bed.

"Umm, hello to you too." I said sarcastically.

Percy shook his head. "What's wrong with you?!" He asked. "Grover came into my cabin asking me if you were ok. He was almost in tears trying to figure out what he did wrong!!!"

I sighed and tried to come up with a lie in my head but the first thing that came out of my mouth was "what are you talking about?!"

Percy rolled his eyes and was about to speak before annabeth beat him to it. "Lyra, why are you avoiding Grover?" She asked, much more calmly than Percy.

I sighed. "I-I dont know.....i just—" I didn't know what to say. I sure as hades wasn't going to say 'im avoiding him because i love him and that scares the begeezes out of me'? I thought not

."What did he do?" Annabeth asked."Nothing. He's done absolutely nothing. Hes just been himself...." i said.

Annabeth looked at me for a moment before telling Percy to get out

."What? Why?" Percy asked her.

Annabeth rolled her eyes at him "just get out, please." She said.

Percy groaned and left my cabin.As soon as percy shut the door Annabeth turned to me. "You love him. And that scares you. You think it would never work out because you're a Human and he's a Sayr. Am I right?" She said.