8✔︎

I woke up to Annabeth knocking on my cabin door. "Lyra! Chiron needs to talk to you!!" She yelled through the door.

I groaned and got out of bed and threw on my jean shorts and my CHB shirt. I walked over to the door and walked with Annabeth to the Big House to talk to Chiron. I had no clue why he wanted to talk to me. None at all. Was it something to do with the prophecy? Oh no! Was Artemis not my mom and I have to move back into the Hermes cabin?! No offense to them but, to be honest they freak me out. Im always scared they will steal my clothes while im sleeping or something.

We walked into the big house and Mr.D and Chiron was in a card game. They seemed to be in an intense conversation but stopped when Annabeth and I walked in."Ahh. Hello, Lyra, Annabeth." Mr.D said.

I gave AnnaBeth a look. Normally Mr.D got our names wrong on purpose. He always called me Lies.....

I sat down at the table with Chiron and Mr.D. Annabeth was about to sit down as well before Chiron spoke."Annabeth,would you mind staying outside? Lyra might want this conversation to be private." Chiron told Annabeth.

Annabeth nodded in understanding and walked outside. Leaving me alone with Mr.D and Chiron. Oh no. I haven't done anything bad.....have i? There was that incident when i was helping Percy with archery and he accidentally almost shot a wood nymph. Did they say it was my fault?!

"Lyra. We have some news." Chiron said. "I have IM'ed your mother."

"Y-you've talked to my mom?" I asked. "What did she say?"Chiron looked at Mr.D, who nodded and went back to shuffling cards.Chiron sighed "Lyra, your mom is coming to visit. She is coming to see if you want to be a hunter. If you will pledge your allegiance to her." He said.

Wait a moment "She's coming to get me? And take me away?!" I asked. All this time I thought she didn't want me and NOW that I actually want to be at camp she wants to take me away. Forever?!

"Yes." Mr.D said "now she will come Friday. Thats 7 days to prepare. So if you will leave and let us continue on with our game."Chiron gave me a sad smile and nodded, saying i can leave.

I got up and went outside. Annabeth was waiting for me and when she saw me come out the door she had a curious look on her face.I just walked back to my cabin, completely ignoring Annabeths questions. I know I should have said something to her, but i was to mad to care. I sat down at my desk and watched Moose sleep.It would be great to be a bird. No worries. No care in the world and when things get tough they can just fly away. Away from their problems, away from their family and just fly.(GROVER POV) (AN: finally a Grover pov ikr;)
I was watching Percy fly Blackjack when Annabeth came running down to the stable

."Grover—Lyra—somethings wrong" She said, in between breaths. I could tell something was wrong. Mostly due to the 4 words Annabeth said and Annabeths emotions said so.

Percy ran over when he saw annabeth was in distress

."What's wrong with Lyra?!" I asked. Im completely freaking out now. gods, why am i so protective of that girl? I couldn't stand it if something happened to her.

Annabeth told us how Chiron wanted to speak to her and when she came out of the Big House she seemed mad and distant. She wouldn't even speak to Annabeth

."She wouldn't speak at all?" Percy asked, Blackjack was standing behind him trying to get the sugar-cubes from Percy's pocket.

Annabeth shook her head "no. She seemed mad but depressed at the same time. I think its  something to do with her mom." She said

."Ill go talk to her." Percy said.He was already starting to walk off but annabeth stopped him. "I don't think you should speak to her. I think Grover should."

I blinked in shock. But I nodded "ill speak to her." And I walked away. I walked to Lyra's cabin and knocked on the door. No answer.
(Lyra POV)
I heard someone knocking on my cabin door, but I ignored it. I didn't want to talk.

"Lyra....please open the door. Are you ok?" Said a voice through the door. It was Grover.I sighed and got out of my chair and opened the door. As soon as the door opened, i had no time to respond. I was engulfed in a hug. I immediately melted into Grovers arms."You dont have to talk. I just wanted to check on you." Grover whispered into my hair.I felt a small smile creep onto my face. Grover always seemed to make me happy.

"Im ok." I said.

Grover pulled away from the hug and looked at me, his brown eyes meeting my Yellow ones. "Are you sure?" He asked.

I nodded. But inside I wasn't .Grover looked at me skeptically and then shook his head. "I know you're lying." He said.

I sighed. I completely forgot Satyrs could read emotions. "I-its my mom." I said as i went and sat on my bed, crisscross-apple-sauce.Grover came and sat beside me.

"What's wrong?" He asked me. I told him. I told him how she was coming to visit, how she might try to take me away and how she want me to become a hunter."Grover, I don't want to leave camp half-blood. I like it here. I finally have a family, it feels like. And i have Annabeth and Percy, their really the only friends ive ever had." I said. "And i have you. I don't want to leave you."

Grover seemed sad at the news. I don't think he wanted me to leave either. But at my last words he smiled and blushed. "Lyra, everything will work out." He said. "Ive met your mom. She's nice. And she never forces a maiden to be a hunter."I hoped his words were true.
<>^<>^<>^<>^<>^<>