7✔︎

Grover had to leave camp half-blood. Apparently there was another Demigod and he had to go get her. So both me and Percy had no one to sit with at meals. But thankfully he would be back tonight. He'd been gone for about a week and to be honest, I really missed him.

I was helping Percy with his archery when annabeth walked over. "Lyra! Some kid from cabin 12 somehow got stuck in a tree. You're the best tree climber!" She said.

I sighed "i have to help a kid out of a tree? What am i a fireman? Last I checked cant Mr.D get his own kid down?"

Annabeth shook her head "Mr.D's in a card game and said he won't leave that chair." She said.

I nodded and went into the woods, finding a bunch of campers all gathered around a huge poplar tree. A young boy, maybe 12, was hanging on to a limb crying. Poor guy must be scared

."Hang on," I called to him "im coming to help!" I grabbed onto a lower limb and pulled myself up. It lost a foothold and my knee scratched against the bark, causing a gash to appear.I eventually got up to the boy and helped him down.

When he got to the ground he kissed it and said a silent prayer. I tried not to laugh.

Annabeth came over to me "thanks, Lyra." She said. Then she saw my knee "oh my gods! What happened?"

I looked down to see blood pouring down my leg. "Oh.....i cut it."

She rolled her eyes and helped me back to my cabin. She gave me some Nectar and Ambrosia. I instantly felt better

."Better be thankful Grover wasn't here." Annabeth said, a knowing smirk on her face

."What do you mean?" I asked

."He would have freaked out that you got hurt. He made me and Percy promise to take care of you." Annabeth said, a smirk on her face

.I rolled her eyes because i knew what she was implying, but I blushed none the less. "Oh, shut up." I said.

She giggled "He looovvveesss you." She said, teasing me

."Yeah, well percy loves you!" I said, teasing her right back.

She went wide eyed and blushed also. <<<~>>><<<~>>><<<~>>>
Later that day I decided to take a walk in the woods. I thought about my mom and dad.Did my mom care for my dad? Or was it just a spur of the moment thing? I felt like nothing ill ever do will be enough to prove myself to my mom. Was she disappointed in me? Why didn't she as me to be a hunter. Apparently you get to be immortal but you have to swear away boys forever. It'd be cool to be immortal but........the boys thing.......I couldn't do that. I mean, im not exactly a person that believes in true love or anything. But it would be nice to have someone. But who would want me.

I found a seat at a Juniper tree near what the campers call "Zeus's fist" although it looked nothing like a fist.This spot seemed peaceful. I decided this would be my spot. A place to gather my thoughts and be alone. Perfect.

"Lyra?"I was snapped out of my thoughts. I looked up to see a smiling Grover. I jumped up from my spot and ran and hugged him.

He chuckled as he buried his face in my red hair. "Maybe I should leave more often." He said

.I pulled away, my face red, and smacked his arm. "Oh, shut up." I said. "I did miss ya though. The dinners got pretty boring."

He smiled and I think i saw his face turn red. "I missed you too."I smiled back and walked over to the Juniper tree and sat down.Grover followed and sat beside me and sighed. "You got a pretty peaceful place. It's amazing! I like it out here in nature." He said.

I nodded. "Me too. Wasn't much nature where i come from." I said "The city is awful."

Grover had a sad look on his face. "Thats why im trying to find Pan." He said

."Pans the nature god, right?" I asked, still not completely accurate on my greek mythology

.Grover nodded "Yeah. I want to find him and bring him back. He can restore all the wild places on earth! I know it! I know he's out there. We just need to find him." He said.

My heart ached for Grover. He wanted to find Pan so much. "I believe you'll find him." I said "and he'll help the world come back in touch with nature."

Grovers face lit up at my words. "Really?!"

I nodded. "Of course. Someone needs to help nature."

Grover smiled "you're really amazing, You know that?"I blushed a bit. Somehow he had that effect on me

"You're amazing too."
<><><><>^^^^<><><><>
AN: anyone else cry when they read in the books when Pan died? Just me? Ok..I bawled like a baby. POOR GROVER!!! AND THE ELDER SATYERS DIDNT BELIEVE HIM SMH.Anywho......nerdy rant over (for now;)Please oh please vote or comment. It means the world.Xoxo Kendraʕ•ᴥ•ʔ