Chapter 28

*one year later*

"Wait, wait, Jihoon! Let me take a picture!" Jaemin scolded his son.

The seven year old whined as he stood in the front of lawn with his school uniform on and his backpack hooked on his shoulders.

"Papa, the bus is coming," Jihoon protested.

Jihoon was starting his first day in third grade and Jaemin was not excited, more nervous than anything.

"One picture won't hurt," Jaemin stated as he held up his phone.

"You said that four pictures ago, Nana," Jeno wrapped his arms around Jaemin's waist, hugging his back which caused Jaemin to jump.

"Nono, don't do that!" Jaemin scolded, hitting Jeno's arm.

Jeno only giggled, kissing his boyfriend's cheek.

"And this will be the last one, I promise," Jaemin said. "Smile, Jihoonie~"

After several more photos later, the bus arrived and it was finally time for Jihoon to leave.

Jihoon hugged his parents goodbye and stepped onto the bus, waving from the window.

"Baby why are you crying?" Jeno asked worried as the bus took off.

"He's growing so fast," Jaemin sniffled and Jeno's pulled his boyfriend in for a hug.

The two went inside their house and sat on the couch, flipping through the channels on the tv before they have to start getting ready for work.

Jaemin scrolled through the photos of Jihoon he took earlier.

"Look at him, isn't he the most adorable boy?" Jaemin smiled fondly at his phone and Jeno nodded.

"He is. You took a lot of good ones," Jeno stated.

"What can I say? I'm good at everything," Jaemin responded sassily, causing Jeno to laugh.

"You are," Jeno said before planting a kiss on his boyfriend's cheek.

"I just don't want to miss him growing up. I already missed two years of his life, I don't want to miss anymore," Jaemin's face suddenly became sad.

Jeno stopped what he was doing on the tv and sat Jaemin on his lap.

"What happened wasn't in your control. You're here now and you'll be able to be there for him as he grows older," Jeno said, wiping the tear that fell from Jaemin's eye.

"I just can't help but feel guilty for missing part of his life...and yours and Renjun's too," Jaemin spoke honestly and Jeno pecked his lips.

"Nonsense, you didn't miss anything and you know why? Because we were waiting for you and now that you're back, we can spend the rest of our lives happily together," Jeno told him lovingly.

Jaemin smiled softly and wrapped his arms around Jeno's neck, pulling their faces in and smashed their lips together.

The kiss started of as slow and passionate, pouring out all their emotions into it, sharing 'I love you's' in between their lips. The kiss was becoming slightly heated once Jeno bit Jaemin's bottom lip gently, inserting his tongue.

Jaemin was getting needier by the second, closing the distance between their chests and sliding his hands up to Jeno's hair, grasping it tightly.

Jeno pulled away slowly, chuckling and man, Jaemin will never get over his laugh.

"We have to start getting ready for work, Nana," Jeno informed the younger who crossed his arms, pouting.

"Do we have to?" Jaemin flashed his puppy eyes towards the older, knowing Jeno can't resist him.