Chapter 13

Jeno held Jaemin tightly and closely, never letting the boy go until the said boy himself was ready to let go.

Jaemin sniffled as his face was buried in the crook of Jeno's neck, tears wetting his skin, not that Jeno minded though.

Jaemin took a deep breath and pulled his body away, his head hung low with a weak smile.

"S-sorry, I don't know what came over me," Jaemin spoke weakly and Jeno only frowned, cupping the younger's face.

Shaking his head gently, Jeno spoke.

"Don't apologize. I'll be there, I promise."

And there Jeno goes, making promises he may or may not be able to keep.

But that doesn't matter to him.

What matters is that Jaemin is happy. He can't stand seeing tears rolling down his beautiful face.

Jeno planted a kiss on his forehead and wiped Jaemin's tears away before releasing the younger who was blushing like crazy.

"Thank you," Jaemin croaked out softly to which Jeno flashed his famous eye smile and interlocked their hands.

The two finally left their workplace and strolled down the street hand in hand, Jaemin tightening his hold, afraid the older will disappear.

"...Jeno?" Jaemin said questionably and the latter hummed in response, squeezing the younger's hand for comfort.

"You don't have to say yes. I know you probably have other things to do. I'm no one important. Really, it's okay i-"

Jeno halted them from walking and faced the younger.

"Nana, spit it out."

Jaemin looked away from the older, embarassed for what he's about to ask.

"...can I stay with you tonight?"

Jeno froze for a moment, but quickly shook it off.

That was not what he was expecting for the younger to say, but he's not upset or weirded out about it either.

Actually, he was more than excited. He was extremely happy that the younger feels comfortable enough to want to stay with him longer.

With Jeno not having said anything for a few moments, Jaemin shook his head and tried to loosen his hand around Jeno's hand.

"Nevermind. Forget I asked."

The older locked his grip on the boy's hand, but not too hard because he didn't want to hurt the boy's precious hands.

"Of course you can," Jeno agreed, a smile plastering on his face.

The two headed back to Jeno's apartment still holding each other's hand, enjoying the comfortable silence between them.

____________________________________________