Chapter 27

The next day, Jaemin was undergoing physical therapy to help him recover from the accident and walk again. Luckily, he was able to maneuver his body well for being in a coma for two years.

The nurses and doctors were constantly checking on him and asking him any questions regarding if he was in any pain or not.

Jaemin was in his hospital room by himself as he ate his lunch. He was currently watching tv to distract his mind.

He's gotten his voice back. It's still a bit raspy and dry, but it's getting better with the honey water he's been drinking.

Suddenly the door busted open and in came three figures, two tall, one short.

"Oh my gosh, Jaem! I'm so sorry I came as fast as I could! I couldn't get here last night because no one would be able to watch Jihoon while Jeno was here," the shorter male rambled as he ran to Jaemin, engulfing the younger in a tight hug.

"Junnie.." Jaemin wrapped his arms around Renjun.

They pulled away and Jaemin noticed a small boy next to Jeno.

"Bunny?" The boy said softly and Jaemin nodded his head while opening his arms, signaling the boy to come closer.

Jeno lifted the boy on top of Jaemin's hospital bed, the young boy now in Jaemin's arms.

"You slept for too long," the young boy mumbled in Jaemin's arms before the both of them pulled away.

"I-I'm sorry, Jihoon. Bunny is so sorry," Jaemin couldn't help the tears flowing out of his eyes as he looked at the three faces in the room.

"I-I thought i-it wasn't real," Jaemin choked, Jihoon sitting on his lap.

"What wasn't real?" Jeno questioned.

"You guys," Jaemin cried and Renjun only scoffed jokingly, trying to control his own sobs.

"You idiot, of course we're real. We're right here with you and we aren't going anywhere," Renjun rubbed his eyes as he spoke.

Jaemin nodded his head, eyes teary and red, lips quivering as Renjun rushed to hug the younger again.

"Don't cry. You deserve to smile and be happy," Renjun said in between his own cry.

"Look who's also crying," Jaemin jokingly retorted, sniffling.

"I'm not crying. I'm a bad bi-... female dog," Renjun said, trying to clean up his vocabulary because of the small boy still on Jaemin's lap.

The four of them sat around in the room and caught up with each other in what felt like forever.

The company Jaemin worked for was waiting for his return. He didn't lose his job and it was there for him whenever he's ready, according to what Jeno told him.

Jaemin was in coma, reliving the memories of his final year in college, which was two years ago. Jaemin had adopted Jihoon that year and since Jaemin was in coma, Renjun and Jeno had been taking care of him.

Jihoon was now six and was in first grade. Jaemin was upset that he missed two important years of Jihoon's life, but he's hoping to make it up for the rest of his life.

Jeno still worked at the child protective services company and even worked double time to fill in for Jaemin. And on top of that, he went to the hospital everyday to visit Jaemin.

Renjun was working as well, getting a job as a forensic psychologist. He balanced that while Jihoon was in school. He also tried to visit Jaemin as much as he could. He enjoys his job, maybe a little too much because of what it entails and because of a certain tall Chinese, handsome, soft guy. But that's besides the point....

As for Jaemin's parents, they were in prison and were to stay in prison for a lifetime. They were restricted any bails and are not able to be near Jaemin, unless Jaemin chose to visit them.

The boy whose been inflicted upon in pain all his life, will finally be free from it. Free from his parents evil doings and abusive antics.

And he hopes he can help other children in need as well, to protect them from any unlawful acts or any unsafe living circumstances so that they can live their best lives and will not experience what Jaemin has through his years of living.

Overall, Jaemin is thankful to have such amazing people by his side that he can call his family.

____________________________________________
One more chapter left ahhh