Chapter 26

Jaemin groggily opened his eye lids, taking in his surroundings. The room was white and it smells like latex gloves. The room felt wanted than what it usually would be.

It felt unfamiliar. He rubbed his eyes and that's when he noticed wired tubes attached to his hands. The bed he was laying down on was connected to some type of machine.

That's when he realized he's not home or at Jeno's apartment. He's at the hospital.

'What am I doing here?' Jaemin asked himself in perplexity.

The door opened and Jaemin snapped his head to look towards the door. The person walked in with his head hung low and a bag of food in his hands.

His chocolate brown hair was covering his forehead. The male never shot his head up until now.

Jeno.

'When did he dye his hair?' Jaemin asked himself.

The younger opened his mouthing and tried to bring himself to speak, but nothing was coming out, only faint breaths. All Jaemin could do was stare at Jeno as the older looked at him in shock.

"Doctor! Doctor! He's up!" Jeno shouted and dropped the bag of food onto the table before running over to the younger.

"Nana! Oh my gosh. I missed you so much! How are you feeling? Are you okay?!" Jeno bombarded the younger with thousands of questions, Jaemin not being able to answer a single one since he couldn't speak.

"Mr. Lee, please step aside from the patient while we check up on him," the doctor that just arrived, rushing through the door with a few nurses, informed.

Jeno complied, tears trickling down his cheeks as he watched the younger get checked.

The doctor checked Jaemin's heart rate and tried asking Jaemin questions, but the younger couldn't answer them yet.

"That's okay, you just came out of coma so it's going to take a little bit before you get your voice back. Here, drink this," the doctor handed Jaemin a cup of warm honey water.

'What's going on?' Jaemin asked himself again, trying his best to force words out of his mouth, but no avail.

He drank the water and observed as the doctor was typing into his computer. The other nurses kept checking him for his blood pressure and breathing.

The nurses and Jeno helped the younger take a bath and brush he's teeth. He felt gross, but no shocker there since he hasn't showered in two years.

They helped him get back in bed.

"Can you remember anything?" One of the nurses asked and Jaemin only shook his head as the doctor continued typing everything that was happening.

"Nana," Jeno sat in front of him on the hospital bed, holding the younger's hand.

Jaemin internally panicked as he saw tears coming out of the older's eyes. He brought his free hand up and wiped them away. Jaemin didn't know why, but he felt the urge to kiss the older.

And so he did.

Jeno was taken by surprise, but kissed back. The older's lips were warm and soft, unlike Jaemin's which were chapped and dry from just waking up from coma a little while ago.

They pulled away, their faces heated and red as the air became silent.

"..why here?" Jaemin's voice was raspy as he tried to form words, breaking the silence.

"You got into a bad bike accident and on top of that we've gotten reports from the police that you were living under abusive house standards so your injuries were more server as you've already been wounded earlier that day prior to the accident happening," the doctor had explained.

Jeno sensed the fear in Jaemin's eyes and he quickly reassured the younger.

"Don't worry, Nana. Your parents are sentenced in jail for the rest of their lives. No one will hurt you anymore, I promise," Jeno spoke softly.

So it was all a dream? His parents are locked away. No Renjun. No Jihoon. No graduation. No job.

Was he really living a fake life this entire time? Does he really not have anybody else besides Jeno? Where's his best friend Renjun and why isn't he here? Where is Jihoon?

Jaemin was crying, again.

____________________________________________
Two more chapters left!! 😭