Chapter 25

Jeno guided what was behind his back to display beside him.

Out revealed a small boy, his head popping out from behind Jeno's tall legs. Jeno tapped his arm gently and the boy jumped out into the open.

"Bunny!"

Jaemin's jaw dropped for a few seconds before his lips curved into a smile. Jaemin dropped down to his knees and opened his arms widely.

The young boy was now engulfed in Jaemin's hold, his small arms circled around his neck.

"Jihoon! What are you doing here?" Jaemin held the boy tighter, planting a soft kiss in top of the boy's head.

"Want to see you!" Jihoon said as they pulled away, Jaemin still having his arms around the smaller's body.

"I told Jihoon about today and he insisted on coming to see his Bunny graduate," Jeno spoke, admiring the adorable scene in front of him.

"That's really sweet and all, but what about me, Jihoon!" Renjun pouted, kneeling down to Jihoon's height.

The young boy laughed before wiggling himself out of Jaemin's arms and into Renjun's.

Jaemin stood up and threw himself at Jeno, hugging him tightly.

"Thank you," Jaemin said softly, his face buried in Jeno's neck.

"Of course. Anything for you," Jeno smiled, his eyes turning to crecants.

Jaemin felt butterflies invade his stomach as Jeno continued to hold him close.

And soon the four of them had left the ceremony after Jaemin and Renjun returned their caps and gowns.

They were now on their way to drop Jihoon back off at the orphanage since he has a curfew.

The three of them said goodbye to the little one before leaving.

"Come back. Right bunny?" Jihoon questioned.

"I'll come back next time and take you home, I promise," Jaemin said before kissing the boy's head.

Jaemin still had his plans in adopting Jihoon in mind and he wasn't going to let it slip away.

He's going to adopt Jihoon very soon, he's going to give the boy a home where he can be himself. A home where he feels love. A home that he deserves.

"Would you mind staying the night with me, Nana?" Jeno asked.

The three boys were currently walking back from the orphanage.

"Sure, I'd love to," Jaemin answered and turned towards Renjun.

"You wouldn't mind me staying the night, would you?" Jaemin asked his best friend, displaying his puppy eyes.

Renjun rolled his eyes and scoffed playfully.

"Go ahead. You better you protection," Renjun stated before running away, Jaemin getting ready to chase him but was held back by laughing Jeno.

"I can't believe he's my best friend," Jaemin said jokingly, his face slightly pink from the older's comment.

"You guys go well with each other. You have a lot in common," Jeno stated and Jaemin nodded his head.

"Yeah, we're both crackheads."

The two arrived at Jeno's apartment, taking off their shoes and sitting on the couch. Jaemin has been meaning bring up this morning's events...and so he did.

"Nono, I remember."

Jeno's eyes widened. It certainly wasn't expected of Jaemin to just say that out of nowhere.

"Remember...as in everything? You remember everything?" Jeno questioned and noticed how Jaemin's eyes started tearing up as he nodded.

Jeno quickly pulled him into a hug, resting the younger's head on his chest.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry," Jeno whispered, caressing the boy's hair.

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?" Jaemin's voice cracked and it broke Jeno's heart.

"I didn't want to rush into things, despite there being a time limit. I didn't want you to feel overwhelmed and afraid," Jeno answered honestly.

Jaemin sat up from Jeno and looked at the older in confusion.

"What do you mean 'time limit'?"

Jeno shook his head, "Don't mind that right now."

"No, tell me. Please," tears leaked from the younger's eyes.

Jeno panicked, he didn't want the younger to start crying. He wiped the boy's tears with the pad of his thumbs.

"Your parents....

they're being released from jail next month and they're coming for you..."

Jaemin started shaking uncontrollably as tears were continuing to fall from his eyes.

"W-what do you mean?" Jaemin's lips trembled as he spoke, his past memeories reviving.

"You did this to yourself. You're so pathetic," Jaemin's mother spat.

Jeno tried to calm the younger down, holding and rubbing his shoulders gently. "Nana, please calm dow-"

"I-i donts understand. H-how? W-why?" Jaemin kept shaking, his neverending thoughts and fears getting the best of him.

"Look at him, so useless."

His breathing became heavier each time he spoke, gasping for air. His sight was becoming blurry and he was still aware of his surroundings....

until everything went black.

____________________________________________