Chapter 10

Tw//sensitive topics

"Jihoon," the child answered shakily.

Jaemin stepped closer, assuring the child that there's nothing to be afraid of. Slowly lowering the hospital blanket, Jihoon stared at the older.

"Bunny," the child spoke as Jaemin smiled even more.

"Yes, I'm bunny! Was that your mommy before?" Jaemin carefully asked to which the boy nodded.

"Do you have a daddy?"

"No live," the child responded.

Jaemin is guessing from the response of the baby that Jihoon's father isn't alive which made Jaemin's smile drop. He has no one.

"How about grandpa and grandma?" Jaemin continued and Jihoon shook his head.

Jaemin doesn't want to have to put the baby in an orphanage. If he were older and had finished school, he would have definitely took him in.

All of a sudden, Jihoon made grabby hands towards Jaemin and the older immediately placed the child on his lap and hugged him.

He's surely going to adopt this child when he finishes school. He promises that. And it's not just because he has no one, but because he can't help but feel connected to him somehow. He's going to give him the home he deserves.

The doctor knocked on the door and came in with a new pair of clothes for Jihoon and Jaemin helped the boy change.

"He can discharge whenever you're ready," the doctor told him.

"Okay, thank you," Jaemin bowed and lifted Jihoon into his arms as he made his way back up to the receptionist.

"I'm sorry to bother you again, but may I borrow your phone again?" Jaemin politely asked and the receptionist agreed once again.

This time, Jaemin dialed the police about the mother of Jihoon. She were to be arrested and locked in jail once they find her, which they did find her later that day in her house.

Jaemin dropped Jihoon off at the orphanage and they gladly accepted him. Jaemin knew the workers there since he moved to this part of Korea since his line of work often does lead to children ending up here.

Jaemin crouched down to reach Jihoon's height and the two year old's eyes were spilling tears.

"Bunny bye bye?"

"I'll be back, Jihoon. I promise," Jaemin promised and he knows he's making a lot of direct and indirect promises, but he will do everything in his power to make sure he pulls through with them.

Jihoon hugged the male and Jaemin returned his hug, rubbing the baby's back.

Minutes later, the worker took Jihoon to settle inside as Jaemin made his way back to his and Renjun's shared apartment.

"Where the hell were you?!" Renjun scolded as soon as Jaemin stepped through the door.

"Listen, calm down first though," Jaemin spoke calmly stretching his hands out.

"How can I be calm when you never answered my calls or texts for hours?! Do you know how late it is right now?!" Renjun smacked the younger's arm.

In fact, Jaemin didn't know what time it was and he just now realized that it was nearing eleven at night.

"I'm sorry, Junnie," Jaemin said with a pout since he knows the older can't resist him.

Renjun rolled his eyes and dragged the younger inside after locking the door.

"You better have an explanation," Renjun crossed his arms.

Jaemin nodded while giving the older a cheeky smile.

"I was on my way to my internship, but on the way there I saw this lady trying to push this baby over the main bridge. By the time I approached them, she had already shoved the kid over and ran. So I dove into the water to save the baby. I'm sorry for not letting you know, Junnie. My phone, along with my wallet and ID card is somewhere in the bottom of the ocean," Jaemin explained.

Renjun stood there for a moment with an unreadable expression and Jaemin wasn't sure whether he should be afraid or not.

Renjun suddenly tackled the younger onto the floor as he hugged and squeezed the life out of him. Jaemin groaned as the floor came in contact with his back, but hugged the older back with one hand in Renjun's hair.

Renjun then sat back on Jaemin's stomach and smacked the younger's chest.

"Idiot, what if you drowned in the process?!" Renjun scolded again.

"But I didn't," Jaemin said proudly with a smirk.

"Wipe that smirk off you face before I punch you," Renjun warned and the younger knew the older wasn't kidding so he stopped.

"But seriously though, I'm glad you're okay. What about the baby? How is the baby doing?" Renjun asked, crawling off the younger's stomach to let Jaemin sit up.

"He's okay. His name is Jihoon and he's two. He's a cutie I swear. How could someone want to hurt such a precious baby?" Jaemin answered.

"Poor Jihoon. If I find that woman, I'm going to-"

"No, Junnie. The police are taking care of it. Jihoon is safe now. He's at the orphanage. We can visit him sometime together if you want." Jaemin suggested and the older's face lit up with a smile.

"Yes, yes, yes!"

Jaemin giggled at his best friend. The two continued talking about what happened that day and Jaemin also mentioned adopting Jihoon when he graduates. Renjun was fond of the idea since Jihoon seems like a sweet baby boy who needs to be protected at all costs.

Jaemin and Jeno left the orphanage and went to the cafe down the street. Jaemin has no idea why he feels so comfortable around the older male.

"I hope you don't mind this cafe," Jeno rubbed the back of his nape and Jaemin smiled.

"Not at all. I love this cafe," Jaemin responded sweetly.

____________________________________________