Chapter 5

"That's all for class today, you're dismissed," the college professor instructed, the students gathering their belongings to leave the classroom.

Jaemin swung his school bag over his shoulder after putting his notebooks inside of it. The week had gone by fast and it was already Friday, meaning tomorrow and Sunday he'll be able to visit the orphanage.

Today, Jaemin was instructed by his boss that he needs to fill in for a Mr. Lee today and visit a home with two children inside of it, Kim Junkyu and Kim Doyoung.

He went to his internship, soon to be a full time job, to pick up the the files about the household and his notepad.

The Kim Household file had all the information he needed about the family, well broke family.

Apparently the parents have been going to court for a divorce, trying to take custody of the kids or at least one of them.

He grabbed his badge that was placed on his desk and clipped it on the pocket of his dress shirt. He tucked his locket inside his shirt because he doesn't want it to get ruined.

He checked the address of the home and made his way towards his destination. As soon as he arrived, he knocked on the door.

The door opened revealing a short, middle-aged woman who looked exhausted, the bags visible underneath her eyes. She formed a small smile on her face. "Hi, may I help you?"

Jaemin showed her his ID badge and reported that he was apart of the youth care company, Children and Youth.

"Ah, yes. I should have known. Please come in," the woman bowed slightly and opened the door fully for Jaemin to step inside.

The house was a mess as if a tornado happened to storm in and destroy the home. Clothes were scattered all over the floor. Glass was broken over the kitchen windows. Toys were ripped to pieces.

Jaemin was taken back, but surely wasn't surprised as he always expects it. It's sad to say, but when it comes to a job like this, one must always expect the worse from a home.

The middle aged woman escorted Jaemin through the house and into the dinning room area where both children were sitting at the table, their eyes filled with fear.

The woman took a seat on the opposite side of her children and Jaemin didn't fail to notice the glare she gave to them. Jaemin sat beside the women and placed his file on the table in front of him, the children staring at the folder.

"Hi guys! My name is Na Jaemin and I will be taking over for Mr. Lee today," Jaemin softly said while sticking out his hand to shake the boy's hands, though the two just kept their gaze on the table.

Jaemin heard a wince from the two and they finally looked up, eyes glossy and shook Jaemin's hand.

'This woman needs to go,' Jaemin said to himself.

Jaemin kept a friendly smile on his face and continued, "Can you guys tell me about yourselves?"

The two boys looked at their mother and back at Jaemin before speaking. The two introduced themselves and told Jaemin how old they were.

Junkyu being ten years old and Doyoung being six years old. Very mature for their age if you ask Jaemin. They seem very uncomfortable around their mother, so Jaemin politely asked if he can take the children outside since the weather was nice.

"May I speak with them outside? I'm sure you have some work to catch up on. We'll be back in around fifteen minutes," Jaemin told her.

The mother was hesitant, but complied either way. She wouldn't want to seem suspicious now would she?