Chapter 8

Renjun and Jaemin left the orphanage in the evening and chose to go out to a restaurant for dinner since they didn't want to go home just yet.

Their food and drinks were ordered and the waiter had set their dishes on their table.

"Please enjoy," the young waiter bowed politely and took his leave to cater other tables.

"So Jeno, huh?" Renjun wiggled his eyebrows as Jaemin took a sip of his coffee.

Blushing, Jaemin shook his head. "What about him?"

"I don't know. You seem to enjoy his presence," Renjun smirked, remembering the way Jaemin acted when Jeno introduced himself.

"Shut up," Jaemin warned and stuffed his face with his burger in embarrassment while the older laughed.

Renjun started eating his food and the both of them were done. They decided to just sit at the table for a while to chat before getting up to pay and leave.

"But in all seriousness, are you okay?" Renjun asked, his full attention on the younger in front of him.

"Yeah...why do you ask?" Jaemin looked away for a few moments before looking back at the older.

"Bullshit. What's up?"

"N-nothing," Jaemin waved his hand dismissively as his cheeks blushed bright red.

"Jaem, you're my best friend. I know when you lie. You're terrible at it,"

Jaemin took a deep breath before speaking.
"Junnie, have yo-"

"How did we enjoy the food here today?" The waiter cleaned off their plates from the table and handed them the receipt.

Renjun, a bit annoyed since the waiter just interrupted their conversation, responded.

"It was fine, thank you."

Sometimes he can't stand waiters and waitresses because they always come at the wrong time, interrupting important conversations.

But he can't get mad at them. It's their job. How else are they supposed to cater and make their money?

"Take your time to pay. Have a good night," the waiter spoke his last words before going back into the kitchen with the dishes in his arms.

"Continue, I'm all ears," Renjun assured the younger.

"To be honest I forgot what I was going to ask you," Jaemin chuckled slightly, blushing and causing Renjun to formulate a smile.

'Pretty.' Renjun thought.

"I know you didn't forget, you tailless bunny," Renjun retorted back, while playfully rolling his eyes.

"Ah, you know me too well. It's annoying." Both boys laughed as they stood up.

Jaemin walked up to the cash register to swipe his credit card and swung an arm over Renjun's shoulders.

"I could have paid, you know? I was the one who tagged along," Renjun pouted, leaning into the younger's arms and Jaemin flicked the older's lips.

"My treat," Jaemin flashed a bright smile and the older gasped from the sudden contact.

"I'm giving you five seconds to run, before I beat the crap out of you," Renjun spoke in an evil manner and Jaemin didn't hesitate to dash out of the restaurant, five seconds later with Renjun following.

After showering, Jaemin stared at the necklace on his dresser. He though back to Jeno's words.

"It's just so beautiful. Where did you get it?"

Jaemin blushed as he thought about the other. But he was also confused as to why the male had so many questions.

What did he mean when he said he won't hurt him like the others have done. Who's hurt him? Jaemin doesn't know and doesn't remember such a thing. And if it did happen, he doesn't think he'd really want to know how they hurt him either.

Maybe Jeno has answers to his many questions. For instance, why did he end up in Korea so suddenly?

Where did this damn locket come from? And why does he have it?

Why can't he remember his childhood life? He remembers it very vaguely.

Why does he feel as if he knows the other male from somewhere, somewhere he doesn't know, but feels so close to him?

So many unanswered questions that Jaemin strives to know and receive all the information he can get from them.

Jaemin laid underneath his covers of his bed, the back of his head laid onto his pillow as he stared up at the ceiling, raising his arm to trace the patterns in the wall with his pointer finger.

The young man was nervous for his meeting with the blonde haired male. Jeno seems to have a lot of answers to his unsolved questions...

And he's going to find out everything.

____________________________________________