Chapter 24

Jaemin and Renjun, with the confidence in each other, walked across the stage to receive their degrees.

Music was being played as a sense of congratulations. There were cookies and candies set up on display for the audience and graduates to eat.

Jaemin stood on stage, looking through the crowd. And just then, he spotted the eye smile he is oh so familiar with in the audience, smiling so brightly.

Jaemin felt his heart and stomach flip at the sight as he smiled shyly, a blush creeping and over his cheeks.

Jaemin stepped off the stage with Renjun, careful not to trip over his gown on the way.

His boss congratulated him on graduating and fully declared Jaemin to have the position he is working in for a full-time job.

"Thank you so much," Jaemin thanked, bowing with respect.

His boss nodded and patted the younger's shoulder before walking off into the distance to greet more of the former students.

Jaemin noticed someone else he thought was awfully familiar as well, a boy with golden tanned skin. The same boy he saw hugging up on Jeno the other day.

The male noticed him.

"Oh, hi! You're Jaemin, right?" The boy asked with a smile.

Jaemin noticed the cap and gown he was wearing as well. He didn't realize that this same person was in his college as well.

"Yeah, I'm Jaemin. This is my best friend, Renjun," Jaemin said with a small nodded, clutching onto Renjun's arm who stared at him in confusion.

"I'm Donghyuck! It's nice to meet formally. The other time we met wasn't a very good first impression," the male named Donghyuck scratched the back of his nape.

"Don't worry about it," Jaemin dismissed, smiling a bit.

"But still. I apologize for that. I took up a lot of Jeno's and your time," Donghyuck bowed slightly.

"No, please don't do that. I understand your situation. I promise it's fine!" Jaemin assured the tanned male.

"Great! That makes me so happy. I thought you'd be angry, but you're really nice and easygoing! No wonder Jeno likes you!" Donghyuck stated in excitement, rambling.

Jaemin's cheeks heated up at the comment as Renjun wiggling his eyes brows at him.

Jaemin and Renjun listened patiently as Donghyuck kept talking and complimenting the two's looks.

Soon they even exchanged numbers and suggested to hang out sometime. Donghyuck is a really nice guy and he seems really fun to be around.

"Sunshine!" Another male with black hair, his cheek bones prominent, called out.

"Well I don't want to waste you time anymore! I should get going, my boyfriend is waiting for me. Bye, Jaemin! Bye, Renjun! We'll hang out soon!" Donghyuck left after they bid their goodbyes.

The two watched as Donghyuck ran into the other male's arms, the black haired man lifting him up and pecking his lips.

"So he's the one you thought Jeno was dating and freaked out, huh? Truly a beauty." Renjun smirked and nudged Jaemin's shoulder.

Jaemin blushed and walked about from his best friend to find Jeno, Renjun laughing behind him.

After a few minutes of walking, Jaemin and Renjun spotted Jeno walking towards them, holding something behind his back with both hands.

"Congratulations, Nana," Jeno pecked the younger's cheek who blushed madly as Renjun snickered.

"Thank you. I didn't think you would actually come," Jaemin spoke softly, looking down.

"Of course I'd be here. Don't doubt me too much," Jeno giggled and took out a bouquet of flowers with one arm.

"These are for you."

Jaemin accepted them, smelling the flowery scent of the plants with a wide smile.

"Thank you! They're beautiful!" Jaemin bashfully said.

He noticed something else still behind Jeno's back. He didn't want to be nosy so he decided to just wait until Jeno exposes his other arm.

"I'm glad you like them," Jeno responded as he noticed a chain sticking out of the younger's gown.

He used his free hand to pull it out, revealing the locket. He rubbed it with his thumb as he met eyes with Jaemin.

"You look gorgeous," Jeno complimented and Jaemin blushed all over again.

"T-thank you, Nono," Jaemin stuttered in embarassment, Renjun cooing at the sight of the two.

"I'm being honest and look, I'm wearing mine too," Jeno rolled up his sleeve, revealing the locket on his bracelet.

Both of them smiling widely, tears almost escaping Jaemin's eyes.

"Hate to ruin the moment, but show us

what the hell is behind your back already?!" Renjun interrupted, impatiently wanting to know what Jeno was keeping.

The two snapped out of their moment, Jeno giggling as he pulled out what was behind him.

____________________________________________
I wOndEr whAt iS bEhiNd hiM? Do you have any ideas?