Prologue

"Say goodbye, you won't be seeing them for a long time," the blonde haired mother of a seven year old boy spoke, twisting her son's ear.

"But I don't want to," the boy protested in pain, squiring in his mother's grasp.
"Shut up! You messed everything up," the mother spat, dragging her son out of the house of her newly former best friend.

"You don't have to treat him like that. It has nothing to do with him," another woman with brown hair, particularly the nine year old boy's mother's former best friend had defended while grabbing a hold of the blonde haired woman's arm.

"Don't tell me how I should treat my son. Our friendship is over," the mother snatched her arm in fury and left with her whiny son. That poor boy was in for a terrible surprise once they get home.

It was the evening and darkness had fallen upon them. Nothing was to be seen, but a few stars sprinkled in the sky. The lights in the house were shut and the rustling sounds of the people in the household were heard, finding a spot to hide.

Closing the blinds, shutting the curtains, locking all the doors, the former best friend with brown hair and her eight year old son were crouched down behind the couch. The sound of sirens echoing in the night, the red and blue lights flashing and shadowing the thin, white walls of the house.

"Mommy, what's happening," the young boy asked with tears brimming in his eyes, sitting on his mother's lap. Even though the lights were off in the house, his mother could still see the visible tears forming in his eyes. His mother pressed her son's head against her chest and rocked her body side to side to calm him down.

"Shh, don't worry. I'm here, everything will be okay," the mother hushed gently, planting a soft kiss on top of her son's head who was enveloped in her hold.

____________________________________________
New book, yay! I hope you guys are as excited as I am! :)

I really appreciate you guys reading this story. It means a lot to me! I hope I keep you interested.