Chapter 17

Jeno didn't realize how hard he was gripping Jaemin's wrist until he saw the red mark form on his skin.

Jeno's face immediately went from determined and serious to concerned and worried.

"Nana, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you," Jeno reached for Jaemin's wrist to take a better look at it.

He then lifted his wrist higher so that his lips came into contact with the younger's skin.

He softly kissed the younger males slightly red wrist all around it. Jaemin was blushing as usual.

He gently let go of his wrist and held the younger's hand, guiding him to sit on the couch.

Once they both sat down, Jeno spoke.

"I'm sorry for worrying you, Nana."

Jaemin nodded his head slightly, still upset about the situation. But who is he to be mad? It's not like he's his boyfriend.

"That was Donghyuck, the one I was telling you about that also works where we do," Jeno explained.

"You don't have to explain yourself. You should go to your boyfriend. Besides, I shouldn't be here when you have a boyfriend in the first place," Jaemin said, getting ready to stand up.

Jeno only giggled and shook his head. He held Jaemin in his spot on the couch and kissed the boy's nose, causing the younger to freeze.

"Silly, he's not my boyfriend. He's a good friend of mine and he was having a fight with his boyfriend right now so he came to ask me what he should do."

And that's when it hit. Jaemin felt so stupid and embarassed. He hid his face in the palm of his hands, whining.

"This isn't happening," Jaemin mumbled in between whines while Jeno just stared at the embarrassed little bunny.

Jeno removed the hands Jaemin had on his face to look at the younger.

"It's okay. Now you know though, so let's just move past it, okay? Nothing to be embarassed about," Jeno said sweetly and Jaemin nodded his head.

"I'm sorry for making assumptions," Jaemin apologized.

He felt guilty for thinking anything like that. But it's not his fault he feels an attachment to the older.

"It's okay, Nana. How about we eat some pizza? I'll go heat it up in the microwave," Jeno stated and stood up.

He heated the pizza in the microwave for a minute and set the plates on the table with a bottle of water.

It doesn't seem like Jeno drinks anything else but water. Not Jaemin, he drinks coffee any chance he gets.

They sat at the table and ate their dinner, cleaning their dishes afterwards.

It was nearing nine at night and Jeno brought the younger to his room.

"You can sleep on my bed while I sleep on the couch," Jeno insisted, but Jaemin declined.

"You should sleep on your own bed, I'll sleep on the couch, " Jaemin responded.

"You're my guest, so please I insist you sleep here," Jeno said kindly with a sweet smile that Jaemin couldn't help but contain his own smile.

After a few minutes of trying to convince the younger, Jeno finally won. He grabbed a blanket and extra pillow from his closet and placed it on the couch.

"If you need anything, you know where to find me," Jeno said, Jaemin sitting on the bed.

"Okay, and Jeno?"

"Yeah?"

Jaemin fiddled with his fingers while looking down at his lap.

"Thank you."

Jeno's smile widened, his eyes turned to crescent moons.

"You're welcome. Goodnight, Nana. Get some rest." Jeno responded, about to leave the room.

"Wait!"

Jeno turned around in confusion, gazing at the cute male playing with his fingers on his bed.

"C-can you tuck me in?" Jaemin asked.

He has no idea why he's feeling so vulnerable at the moment. Maybe it's because of everything that's been happening lately.

The strange feeling he has for the older. Why he feels he knows the old on a personal level. His breakdown at work. His assumptions he made about Jeno having a boyfriend.

It was all happening so fast and he just wants some comfort. He wants everything to slow down.

Jeno stared at the younger blankly. A grown man asking to be tucked in?

Jeno couldn't blame him though. He knows everything the younger's been through even if the younger himself doesn't know it.

Jeno knows all Jaemin wants is to feel comfortable and loved. He knows him too well.

And that's what Jeno is going to show him, love and comfort.

"Of course," Jeno answered and crept over to his bed.

Jaemin laid his back down on the mattress, lifting his legs in the air so that Jeno can grab the blanket underneath him.

He put his legs down and Jeno draped the covers over his body, tucking the edge of the blanket underneath his body, sneaking in some tickles as well.

Jaemin giggled and squirmed a bit, causing Jeno to laugh with him. He stopped his tickle session and pushed the hair that fell over Jaemin's forehead to the side so that he can plant a kiss.

"Sweet dreams, pretty," Jeno rubbed his thumb over Jaemin's forehead, the spot he kissed.

Jaemin smiled and closed his eyes at the warmth of Jeno's hands. Jeno continued stroking his forehead and down to his cheek, allowing Jaemin to relax and not tense himself.

And with that, Jaemin peacefully drifted off to sleep.

"I love you," Jeno whispered before kissing his cheek and quietly leaving his room.

____________________________________________