Chapter 20

It was already Thursday evening, the night before Renjun and Jaemin's graduation.

Jaemin had been spending smooth of time with Jeno these past few days and he's come to the conclusion that he not only enjoys the older's company, but also has a small, tiny crush on him.

Okay maybe not tiny, he's in love with the older.

Each day they get closer and closer and Jaemin isn't able to control the speed of his heart whenever he's around the older.

And he's not in love with him because he knows him from when he was younger so he's taking the easy way out instead of meeting anyone new.

He's genuinely in love the older because he's been realizing how he's always been there for him at his most hardest time.

He's starting to remember more and more as each day passes. Heck, he even remembers having a major crush on the older when he was younger, but he didn't know that that was what he was feeling back then.

He was young, he didn't know what a crush was. He didn't even know what a boyfriend or a girlfriend was either.

Jeno and Jaemin had always been together so those topics never came into his mind.

But all Jaemin did know was that whenever he was around the older, he would feel all tingly inside as his heart would beat rapidly.

But despite that happening, Jaemin just shrugged it off because he didn't want anything ruining his time with his best friend.

Jaemin was currently ironing his clothes for his graduation ceremony tomorrow as well as Renjun.

Jaemin has told the older what's been happening lately with him and Jeno. But he couldn't help but question why he hasn't seen the older with Yangyang.

"Renjun," Jaemin called as he set the iron down on the ironing board.

"Hmm?" Renjun hummed, not looking up from what he was doing.

Jaemin has notice this, the older has seemed dull lately and he isn't liking it one bit.

Jaemin carefully grabbed the iron from the older's hand and set it down, pulling the older to the couch.

"What is it, Jaemin?" Renjun asked monotonously.

"What's going on? Are you okay?" Jaemin questioned gently and Renjun only nodded.

"No you're not," Jaemin stated as Renjun scoffed.

"So then why ask if I'm okay if you already know?"

Jaemin didn't take the older's attitude to heart. It was pretty obvious Renjun was going through something and he's going to figure it out so that he can comfort him.

"Is it about you and Yangyang?" Jaemin continues, Renjun freezing in his spot.

"It is, isn't it?"

Renjun only sighed and nodded slightly, tears slowly appearing as Jaemin engulfed the older into a tight hug.

"Shh, it's okay," Jaemin comforted the older in in his arms.

Jaemin rarely sees the older cry. And if Renjun were to cry, it would be because of something serious.

The last time he's ever cried was two years ago, when his grandmother had passed away. He was really close with her so it hurt him to say goodbye.

"Am I not good enough?" Renjun asked, sounding muffled since his face was on Jaemin's shoulder.

"Don't you dare say that! Yes, you are enough and if Yangyang doesn't see how amazing of a person you are, then he's obviously not the one for you. It's his loss not yours," Jaemin answered, angry that someone made his precious Renjun feel this way.

"B-but I caught them together. It's obvious I'm not enough since he was literally fucking him. Should I have let him have sex with me?" Renjun quivered.

"Renjun.."

"W-would that have changed anything? Maybe I-I should have, instead of waiting till I was married." Renjun choked between his sobs.

"Renjun.."

"I-I should have-"

"Renjun!"

Jaemin cradled the smaller tighter, his one palm buried in the older's hair.

"No, it's not because of that. It's not your fault. If he couldn't respect you and your wishes to the point that he had to cheat on you with someone else, he's not worth it. Renjun you deserve so much better and I promise that person will come soon," Jaemin gently assured the older, planting a kiss on his head.

Several minutes passing, Renjun pulled away from Jaemin and thanked the younger.

"You don't need to thank me. Now, let's clean your face. You don't want red, puffy eyes for graduation tomorrow, do you?" Jaemin joked to lighten up the mood.

And it worked as Renjun giggled and shook his head.

That night ended with Jaemin going to Yangyang's apartment with the younger's clothes in a bag since Renjun didn't want to drop it off, Jaemin offered.

As soon as he arrived at the younger's apartment, he knocked on the door and it opened, revealing a man with long black hair, wearing a robe that showed a tattoo on his chest.

'He better not be the one Yangyang cheated with.'

"Hi, may I help you?" The man asked sweetly.

"Hi, yes. Is Yangyang here?" Jaemin asked politely as the man nodded, calling the younger.

"Yes, Ten? Baby, what is i- oh. Hi, Jaemin," Yangyang shamefully answered with his eyes looking down.

'How could someone so sweet be with someone so crappy?'

The man named Ten sensed the tension and excused himself from the room.

Jaemin glared at the younger and threw the bag of clothes at him, Yangyang catching it.

"Seriously? I didn't want to believe it was true, but I hope you're happy. You better not hurt this one and don't come near my best friend again. You'll just hurt him more than you already did. And if that happens, you might want to take extra precautions because I'm not going to let that slide so easily," Jaemin scowled and threatened, his face as serious as ever.

Yangyang shivered at Jaemin's cold tone and nodded his head. Jaemin left and went back to his and Renjun's shared apartment.

'Maybe Ten can change him for the better.'

When he got back, he checked on Renjun in his room who was already sleeping. Jaemin took a shower and put on his pajamas before heading back into Renjun's room to cuddle the older, Renjun's face pressed against Jaemin's chest as Jaemin wrapped an arm over the male's waist.

____________________________________________