Chapter 19

"Are you okay?" Jaemin's voice echoed through the the dinning room.

Jaemin had tiptoed out of Jeno's room to check on the older.

Jeno had gotten up to drink a glass of water before he tried to go back to sleep again since his sleep was interrupted.

But Jaemin must have heard him.

"Yeah," Jeno simply smiled, placing his empty glass cup in the sink.

"Can you sleep with me?" Jaemin asked Jeno shyly, his eyes looking down.

"Of course. Let's go," Jeno said as he walking over to the smaller and held his hand, guiding him to his room.

Once they got inside, they both laid down, staring up at the ceiling.

"I didn't mean to snoop around I swear, but when I was going to check on you, I saw you have a similar locket to mine," Jaemin spoke after minutes of silence.

Jeno sat up and looked at the younger who met his eyes, still lying down. Jaemin finally sat up.

"Can you go grab your locket for me?" Jeno asked to which Jaemin nodded, climbing out of the bed.

Jaemin left the room to grab his locket he left inside the bag of dirty clothes he had.

Meanwhile Jeno stood up from his bed and grabbed the locket on his night stand.

Jaemin returned and they both sat back on top of his bed. Jeno opened his locket.

His was attached to a bracelet rather than Jaemin's whose locket was attached to his necklace.

Jaemin gazed his eyes at Jeno's locket, a similar smiley face he has in his own, Jeno has as well.

Jaemin's body froze for a moment, flashbacks and images running through his brain.

"Nana, please don't be weirded out. We gave this to each other when we were younger," Jeno smiled sadly, recalling the memory.

"No, we should draw smiley faces!" Six year old Jaemin suggested, crossing his arms.

The two boys were about to exchanged friendship lockets Jeno's mother had bought for the both of them, saying their bond and friendship are 'special.'

"But why smiley faces? Why not our names?" Eight year old Jeno questioned.

"Because that's too cliche," Jaemin stuck out his tongue before drawing a smiley face on Jeno's locket, making sure to add Jeno's infamous eye smile.

"There it looks like you, Nono!" Jaemin giggled while clapping his hands, Jeno smiled.

"See!"

Jeno proceeded to draw a smiley face in Jaemin's locket and then the both of them clipped it around their specific spots on their body.

"Now we'll always be with each other," Jeno stated while hugging his best friend.

"Of course! I'm not going anywhere! You won't be able to get rid of me," Jaemin said with a cheeky smile, pecking Jeno's cheek.

And although the peck was a simple friendly one, both small boy's couldn't help but blush at the action.

Jeno snapped out of his recollection, once he heard sniffles. Jeno turned his head around to see the younger's face, tears trickling down.

"Nana, hey. Don't cry," Jeno embraced the younger in a hug while rubbing his back.

Jaemin just buried his face in the crook of the older's neck and Jeno already can tell he head the same vision as he did.

Jeno understand it's a lot for the younger to take in all at once. He doesn't expect Jaemin to just deal with it right then and there, at least not now.

"Nono," Jaemin cried as he pulled away from Jeno's grip.

Jeno's heart did a million flips after hearing the nickname he hasn't heard Jaemin call him in years.

"I'm sorry for leaving you. I-I promised I wouldn't but I still did," Jaemin choked in between his sobs.

Jeno ran his hand through the younger's hair, "It's not your fault, Nana. You had no control over anything that happened."

"But their could've been something I could have done," Jaemin argued, tears slowing down.

Jeno just shook his head with a small smile.

"It's okay. It already happened. You couldn't have been able to do anything and as long as you're here now, that's all that matters."

Jaemin nodded his head reluctantly and Jeno hooked Jaemin necklace around the younger's neck as well as hooking his own bracelet on his wrist.

"So we can be with each other all the time," Jeno said softly, dangling his wrist with a smile.

Jeno had pulled and slid the younger underneath the covers with him, letting the smaller lay on his chest while his hands rested over the younger's waist.

He used his free hand to play with the younger's hair.

"Nono?"

Jeno hummed in response.

"Everything is piecing together slowly, but once I fully remember everything, you won't leave me right?" Jaemin lifted his head to stare into Jeno's eyes.

"Never. I lost you once, I'm not doing it again, I promise," Jeno kissed the younger's nose before the smaller laid his head back onto his chest, blushing.

____________________________________________