Chapter 69: Scavengers

Start from the beginning

Lloyd: How is he?

Misako: Still recovering.

Wu: So little time, so many lessons! Fight with your back to the sun. Eight cups of water a day is a myth. You should have been there when I fought Acronix. But I-I—

Lloyd: He's right. I should have been at his side. I failed my Master. I will not make that mistake again.

(Kai fights the sparring bots while Cole and Jay train together with Crystal focusing on her incantation control close to Jay and Cole.)

Cole: Zane is down. Folks disappearing all over town, and we can't do a thing to help! If we just knew why Acronix and Krux are taking people

Jay: You know, my theory—

Cole: For the last time, they are not hostages.

Jay: How can you be sure?

Crystal: No ransom note for one.

Jay: Ok. Maybe they're gonna hypnotize them into being an army?

Cole: Krux and Acronix already have an army. Of Samurai snakes.

Crystal: Vermillion to be exact.

Jay: Well, you both know my other theories—

Cole: Do not say alien abductions again, or dimensional rifts, or elven magic portals! (He uses his earth punch on Jay, hurling him in the air.)

Jay: Ahhhh! (Crystal gets up and helps Jay off the gorund)

Cole: Sorry. It's just...I'm tired of speculating. We need to take action! Right, Kai? Kai? 

Crystal: You okay? You haven't been the same since that fight against Krux. Did...did he do something?

Kai: (Mutters) More like said something. (At the ninja) No, Nothing. I'm fine.

Cole: Good, 'cause I was just saying it's time to stop guessing and to start fighting!

Kai: So you're saying we capture one of those snake guys and bring them back here for Wu to question?

Cole: I just want to fight somebody. But okay, we could do that too.

Lloyd: That plan won't work.

Crystal: Why not?

Lloyd: Because Master Wu still hasn't recovered from his battle with Acronix. He rambles. He passes out. I think he's a lot more hurt than he lets on.

Jay: Oh, great! All this and now we have no leader, either?

Lloyd: Uh, that's not exactly true. Ahem! With Wu out of commission, the, um...logical successor would be, uh...

Cole: The Green Ninja.

Lloyd: Correct.

Crystal: Uh, Master Lloyd? Has a ring to it, kind of.

Kai: "Temporary Master Lloyd," you mean.

Jay: "...in Training."

Crystal: Okay, Temporary Master Lloyd in Training, we mere ninja await your words of wisdom. Hehe. 

Cole: Which I assume involve kicking some butt till we get a few answers. Right? (The ninja except Crystal cheer and run.)

Lloyd: Wrong. Too random. We need a plan. (Cole, Kai, and Jay stop)