Chapter 67: The Hatching

Start from the beginning

Past Garmadon: And it appears that they have all the needles.

Past Acronix: Control time...

Past Krux: ...control everything! (They both laugh.)

Wu: We knew we had to prepare. Fearing that next time, we would not be so lucky.

(Cyrus Borg reveals his newest invention.)

Cyrus: (On television) The wait is over! The future has arrived! The Borg Watch. Launching today.

Acronix: Incredible. A wall-mounted window for display thirty-second dramas!

Krux: (He turns the TV off.) Those dramas are called commercials. Cynical films playing off of consumers' insecurities to convince them to purchase that which they do not need.

Acronix: So cool. I am jealous, brother. You got to experience the last forty years of progress. Hot beverages at the touch of a button, a beadless abacus, instant communication.

Krux: Worthless. All of it. (Sighs.) I absolutely despise modern life.

Acronix: But it's filled with wondrous things we couldn't have even conceived of forty years ago! Like this amazing thing. (He holds up a BorgPad.)

Krux: A BorgPad. Vile contraption!

Acronix: I got it at the Museum gift shop. A piece of glass that performs music. (He plays music.)

Music: Ninja, go! Ninja, go! Come on, come on

Acronix: (Simultaneously) Creates a permanent visual record of any event. (He takes a photo of Krux.) There's even games!

Krux: I hate those infernal devices most of all! Everyone perpetually plugged in, distracted like infants by bright lights and sound.

Acronix: (He gets distracted by his game.) Yes! Smashed all the candy!

(The ninja kept listening to Wu's explanations.)

Lloyd: You said the Hands of Time were unbeatable, yet you beat them. How?

Wu: The way one often defeats an enemy—by taking away their weapon.

Crystal: But their weapon was Time.

Wu: Indeed.

Crystal: So how did you take it away?

Past Garmadon: Are they done?

Past Wu: They are.

Past Garmadon: Here they come!

Wu: We took away their powers by 4 blades, hastily forged from Chronosteel...the Time Blades. Chronosteel is the only metal that can absorb Elemental Energy. Stripped of their powers, Acronix and Krux were just two ordinary men, easily subdued. But the ability to control time is too great for anyone to possess. Garmadon and I knew the Time Blades themselves were a threat that had to be eliminated. Forever. We created a temporal vortex to dispatch the Blades in time, where they would be lost to the ages. But Acronix and Krux refused to admit defeat. They thought they were more powerful than time itself.

Cole: So, what happened to them?

Wu: Krux disappeared into time itself, and I knew Acronix was going to return yesterday, so I waited. He was the remaining loose end to tie. Now he is no more.

Lloyd: You mean, like, permanently?

Wu: Never my intent, but it was his fate. Now Acronix is gone forever, along with that Time Blade. It took four decades, but the Hands of Time will never again threaten Ninjago. (Misako helps him to a couch.)