Chapter 24 (Part 2)

Just the fact

That we were in love

No matter how much time passes

I'll remember

(Flashback)

[During those two months after their adventure.]

Mark turned his head towards the door when he saw his friends entering his room.

"Okay Let's talk cause I'm sick of this.", Jaemin started the conversation.

Mark let out a groan showing them how tired he is, "Could all of you just stop meddling in? It's none of your business."

Mark was sitting on his bed while his friends were trying to fit in his and Lucas' dorm room.

"Mark, you've been missing a lot. Your classes, your requirements, you don't even study at all.", Jeno said, looking so concerned about his friend.

"You're always drunk, all wasted going back to our dorm,'' Chenle added.

"You keep on going to the places you used to go with Haechan when clearly he's not in here. He's in Canada just like what you've once told us. It is also hard to look for him in Canada like you did too.", Jisung said while looking at Mark whose head was just facing the floor.

"Could you just shut your mouth up?!", Mark shouted which made all of the boys inside the room look shocked and disappointed at the same time.

" I... I'm... I don't know what am I even doing, okay? I was able to kiss him, hug him, hold his hand, lay with him on our warm bed, listen to our favorite songs, dance as if nothing's wrong, and sing what our hearts' wanted to say. We've talked a lot but...", Mark's voice getting lower.

"But I wasn't able to even ask what his real name is. How old is he really? Where does he live?  Or... or does he even go to the same university as we are? Or even go to school? What hospital has he been operated on before? Or his best friend's name, his brother, his family name? I can't even show you his face because the picture's freaking blur.", Mark continued with a trembling voice, he didn't realize he was already crying.

"Or how he is? Is he even really in Canada? Or... did he even make it? Is he even going to come back? To me?", Mark finally lifted his head.

Upon seeing this, his friends can't help but look at him in pity. Seeing their dear friend like this is just one of the hardest things to bear.

Jungwoo sat beside Mark and hugged him, "Oh, Mark. I know, it's not my place to tell you this but... Maybe, maybe you should move on. We don't know what happen to him, either during his operation or even after it. But if it hurts you so much to even do it, why not wait for him while continuing your journey? Just like what you've promised to each other."