Chapter 1

[January]

Lights are roaming around everywhere. The loud upbeat music makes the people inside the place dance and even shout, clearly showing how much they enjoy the atmosphere. Different people are gathered in one place, sharing the same vibe and that is simply to enjoy the night.

Unlike everyone inside the bar, almost all of them are on the dance floor, Mark was there watching his friends feeling every beat of the song using their bodies.

It was a place Mark was not really fond of but still, doesn't mean he's not fond of it, he's not having fun. Of course he does, but that night, he just wanted to enjoy his soft bed in peace. But, it didn't happen as his friends drag him to live a little and as a way of comforting their friend from a break up.

Love is something Mark has no time with.

He prefers to read his books, graduate from college and become a great doctor. That's what he has always dreamed of.

Mark keeps on drinking until he's on his third bottle of beer. Eyes still focusing on the dance floor until he saw someone who shines the brightest among all the lights randomly swaying everywhere.

Throughout the night, everything was just the same.

Not until he saw a honey- skinned boy as if he was a model of a summer magazine.

Big sparkly eyes as if there are stars inside them.

Perfectly knitted brows.

Plump, soft rosy lips.

Perfectly sculpted soft button nose.

A small face that he kept wondering how do those beautiful delicate features even fit on his small, small face.

He even noticed how his black leather jacket perfectly fits his fine shoulders and complements his white shirt even his black fitted jeans match his long legs.

A pair of eyes woke him up from reality which made his cheeks burn red and even redder when the beautiful boy smiled at him.

Mark doesn't know what made his feet walk straight through the boy's direction.

Maybe because of the alcohol, he thought. He is a lightweight after all.

Mark felt like something was pulling him towards the boy, hypnotized by the boy's eyes.

"Why are you sad?", Mark asked.

He didn't even know why he asked a very, very out of nowhere question. He could've even just said "hi" or ask for his name or for a dance.

He really can't believe himself at all, it's just the alcohol, he thought.

The boy was taken back just by looking at how he reacted. He even moved his head, trying to make sure if he was the one being asked by Mark.

"You even have moles on your face.", Mark added.

Oh, come on Mark. Dude, it's totally out of context, Mark told himself.

"Excuse me? Sorry but, are you high?", the boy replied with a confused expression all over his face.

But to Mark, it was such a beautiful scene.

His angelic voice and out of this world expressions, but then, he realized how he's also weirded out by himself too.

"No!! No, I'm not at all. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I-- will you dance with me?", Mark asked, trying his one last shot because if not, he'll just go home, sleep and forget this embarrassment.

The boy laughed as if he can't believe Mark has such guts to even ask him after all the weirdness he's been saying.

"You know, if I'm being completely honest, I'm weirded out.", the boy replied with an unsure smile.

"No, it's totally fine! I'm so sorry! I'm being weird, right? I'm so random! Gosh, you're probably thinking, I'm some random creepy dude--", Mark was completely defensive and blabbering excuses endlessly.

But it was cut off by the boy when he held Mark's hand, dragging him on the center of the dance floor.

"But, since I believe in YOLO, why not accept a weird, good-looking man's offer, right?" The boy smiled as if Mark was blinded by its brightness.

Only seeing the beautiful boy among the sea of people.

Mark was just staring at the beautiful boy moving his body, gracefully following every beat of whatever song was playing. Dancing as if no one's looking at him, smiling as if Mark was not blown away by it.

"Come on handsome stranger, dance with me!", the boy was giggling while dancing.

He even held Mark's hands to follow his movements.

Until the music changes to something Mark finds awkward with, and he thinks the boy feels the same way since he stopped moving.

But he was wrong, the boy smirks and starts dancing, staring right through Mark's eyes.

Mark can't help but gulp while having intense eye contact with the boy.

Oh, screw it, he thought as he danced along with the boy.

The boy smiled as if he was happy Mark finally joined him to dance.

Both of them are staring into each other's eyes as if it's only the both of them in the middle of the dance floor. Moving their hips together, feeling the unfamiliar aphrodisiac- like music.

The boy closes his eyes, tilting his head, swaying his body and Mark can't help but reach the boy's waist and pull him closer to his.

As if automatically, the boy's arms reach for Mark's shoulders and hang it around to make himself even closer to Mark.

They keep swaying their bodies, both closing their eyes and feeling each other's closeness that even the thinnest air can't go in between them.

Foreheads touched.

Chests touched

Noses touched.

Feeling each other's breath.

As soon as the boy opened his eyes, there he met Mark's eyes.

"Your eyes are so beautifully alive.", the boy whispered, intending for Mark only to hear. He smiled and Mark smiled back.

Right at that moment, everything felt so right. Both of them felt so alive as if they had been dead for so long.

Lost in each other's eyes.

Speaking through their eyes.

Slowly moving closer, until one moved for their lips to touch.

The boy pulled away and ran his way outside the bar while covering his mouth with his right hand.