Epilogue 5

"But then, as I became a junior, a question made me rethink things. An advice that gave me hope."

(Flashback)

"What do you want to do Hyuckie?", Taeyong asked his little brother, elbows resting on the table, chin resting on his palms.

Donghyuck and Renjun were spending their weekend in Taeyong's apartment. It was kind of their escape place whenever they want to relax and run away from their responsibilities as university students.

Taeyong and Renjun looked at Donghyuck with expectant eyes.

Donghyuck sighed, "I can't think of any. But, the first thing that pops into my mind is to go and stargaze at the beach."

Taeyong saw how Donghyuck's eyes shine when he talked about it.

"The beach like the one you used to live in before? The one before you left and lived next to us?", Renjun asked curiously.

Donghyuck nodded with pure excitement, "Yes Renjun, I swear, one of the most beautiful beaches especially at night, where you can just lay there and see the stars.", Donghyuck said dreamily, hands clasping together as he put it near the side of his face.

Taeyong just smiled at the boys, "Okay then. It's the start of our little adventure. I'll set a schedule for it on the weekend."

Donghyuck and Renjun were smiling while looking at each other, clearly excited.

Donghyuck looked at Taeyong with sparkling eyes, "Uhm, can we bring mom, dad, even Renjun's parents, his soon to be boyfriends, Dr. Lee and Dr. Suh."

"And, Dr. Lee's son.", Renjun continued.

Donghyuck looked at Renjun, eyes squinting at him, telling him to shut up.

Taeyong shifted his eyes on Renjun to Donghyuck with a huge smile, "Really? You like Minhyung?"

Donghyuck closed his eyes, let out a deep breath while hands massaging his temples, "It's a long story. Besides, it's not like I wanted to get close."

Donghyuck pursed his lips while looking down, breaking their eye contact, "I don't want to.", he whispered.

Taeyong creased his forehead, forming lines on it as he shifted his eyes on Renjun. Asking why his brother's acting that way.

Renjun just pursed his lips in a thin line and shrugged. Taeyong waved his hand downward to indicate Renjun to come closer to him.

He pulled Renjun and Donghyuck into his arms, "You know, there's nothing wrong in trying what you want. Whatever fear you've felt right now, shrug it off of your shoulders and just be happy. Do whatever your heart's desire because that's one thing you'll either be thankful for or regret. But who cares right? As long as it makes you happy then, go for it. Don't think of the results, think of the process. The moments are the most memorable, the happiest part and that'll make you realize that it wasn't regretful as you think it is. Learn how to value the part during your ride, never your destination."

"Just like what you've always told me, Hyuckie.", Renjun added.

Donghyuck looked over at his best friend and his brother, "Thank you. I love you both so much."

The three of them hugged each other, so tightly that it made their chests hurt.

A phone call interrupted them which made Taeyong stand up.

"Dr. Suh really be interrupting us.", Donghyuck complained which made Renjun chuckled, slapping Donghyuck's shoulder.

Donghyuck slapped Renjun's hand in return to stop him.

"How many times do I have to remind you that it's okay to call him Johnny?", Taeyong said, phone on his ear.

Donghyuck scrunched his nose with a disgusted look, "Johnny plus hyung don't sit right to me. An English name plus a hyung is weird."

Renjun laughed again, "Yongie hyung, Hyuckie just wants to tease Johnny hyung that's why."

Donghyuck laughed and gave Renjun a thumbs up.

"Now go and tell your boyfriend to marry you.", Donghyuck shooed his brother away.

"I'm not yet done with you.", Taeyong pointed his index finger at Donghyuck as he walked through the kitchen.

Donghyuck stood up from his chair and dragged Renjun, "Now, let's go and hide in his room before he'll beat me up.", Donghyuck said which made both of them laugh.

(End of flashback)

"My brother and your cousin are boyfriends. I know, why didn't we even get a chance to meet? I always tell Yongie hyung to go tell Dr. Suh to marry him quickly because I want to witness him marrying the love of his life. The person whom I know he'll be happy with for the rest of his life. Thinking about it, it made me sad because the possibilities of seeing my best friend getting married is even more uncertain."

"That night, the question, "What do I want to do?" won't stop popping in my mind as well as his advice. I kept on thinking about an answer, I kept on asking what if, I'll be brave for one time and do something extremely crazy? I mean, I do have one but then, I feel incomplete about it."

"Until the day of the music festival came, that's when I finally found an answer."