Chapter 13

Swipe the gallery for the song ☺️

"There's a freaking huge garden in the hotel's rooftop?!", Haechan screamed as soon as he stepped out of the door.

Mark just laughed at his reaction, both are acting as if nothing intense happened earlier.

"This was the reason I went out earlier.", Mark confessed.

He saw how Haechan's expression changed, showing how his eyes shined under the moonlight. His eyes filled with stars still shining even though it's raining hard.

"Let's sit?", Mark sat on the bench surrounded by various plants with little lights under it.

Haechan sat beside Mark silently, "Why did you bring me here?", Haechan tried his best to be a little cheerful.

Mark took out his old small cassette tape player and headset, "Since, you let me listened to your favorite songs every time we go for a drive, I guess, it's your turn to listen mine.", Mark smiled sweetly.

"Old school, I know. I grew up liking tapes more because of my parents.", Mark added as soon as he saw Haechan eyed on his cassette tape player.

Haechan puts a genuine smile on his face, eyes still twinkling, "Sure! I mean, sure. I'd love too... Really."

Mark finally put the headset on Haechan's, "Now, close your eyes.", Mark said nervously.

Haechan noticed it but didn't bother to ask him that, "Why do I have to close my eyes?", Haechan looked at him suspiciously.

"I swear, if this is a prank, I'll kick you.", he added.

"No, no. Just close your eyes please?", said Mark, cassette tape player between his palms. He pouted and even, did puppy eyes.

Haechan looked at him with disgust, "I should really close my eyes.", as he closed his eyes and opened it again which made Mark looked at him with wide eyes.

"I swear, don't kiss me.", Haechan warned while pointing at him accusingly, finally closing his eyes.

"As if.", Mark replied which made Haechan scoffed.

If only I could, Mark thought while pressing the play button.

Haechan just closed his eyes and took a deep breath as soon as he heard the intro of the song. He smiled softly, ready to hear it until the end. Feeling nothing but the cold wind against his skin under the dark skies, stars slowly fading, leaving the moon all alone.

"Never Fade by Katelyn Tarver"

I know that you're so afraid, I feel it too

You know I can see the pain inside of you

I know I'm not going anywhere