Chapter 24 (Part 1)

Swipe the gallery for the song ☺️

[Still the same day in the last chapter. After Mark's friends left.]

When Mark went back to his room, he couldn't seem to take the package off of his mind. It's urging him to open it but he's too lazy to even open it.

Maybe tomorrow, he thought.

He's laying down on his bed, trying to reach his book when it falls so he sits up to pick it. Once he picked the book, something fell. He picked it up and realized that he has been using it as a bookmark.

It was a picture of him and Haechan when they were riding the rollercoaster.

(Flashback with Haechan)

"I'll be keeping this picture by the way.", Mark took the photo happily when Haechan showed him the pictures of them both.

One was when they were at the hanging bridge and the other was when they were riding the rollercoaster.

Haechan looked at him, mouth wide open, "No way, I get to choose which one.", he pouted.

"Why do you even like that one in the amusement park? I can't even see your face since you were bowing your head.", Haechan looked at the photo strangely then to Mark.

Mark just smiled, staring at their photo, "It's fine as long as I can see you."

"I mean, look at your smile.", Mark added while pointing at the photo.

Haechan just scoffed, "You love me too much."

Mark finally looked at him, smiling widely, "I do." Leaning closer for a kiss.

(End of Flashback with Haechan)

Mark's vision becomes blurry, staring at the picture.

"If only this picture wasn't blurry, there's more chances to find you.", he whispered softly.

He tried closing his eyes and for a whole minute, he realized he can't seem to sleep in peace if he's not going to know what's in that package plus, the memories of him and Haechan won't stop coming through his mind.

So, he stood up, with a package in his hand. He placed it on his study table and grabbed a cutter to open it.

It didn't even have a name, he thought.

"This isn't a bomb, right?", he asked himself.

"I mean, it should have exploded since it's been outside the house for a while.", he added.

"What if it's going to explode as soon as I open the box?", as if someone's with him.

Mark ruffled his hair aggressively and opened the box.