Ruthless Rathod:2

The symbols and numbers on my screen kept clouding into each other

The symbols and numbers on my screen kept clouding into each other. Sleep would have helped, but I am unable to sleep.

"So what happened to that metro project? Are you going to handle it?" Ria asked.

"There's been some changes in plan. Unavoidable things are going on in the company. Or I would say certain people will come and some others will leave, and the rest will stay. I don't know where I stand."

She came near me and put her hand on my forehead. "Okay, you don't have a fever. Do you have any headache or something?"
I shook my head negatively.
"Are you sleeping for 8 hours minimum?"

Usually, yes,
She went back to single sofa, where she was seating.

"If everything is fine then why are you not making any sense? Others will come, rest will stay, what the f*ck is this? You know what babe start doing meditation."
I stared at her, without blinking. For five straight minutes.
And she understood that nothing is
wrong with me, I am dead serious. I kept talking.

"Marshal sir is thinking of retirement. I talked with him today and he was confused. I mean he had worked so much for this company, and of course, he deserves a break but the company needs him. Is this solely sir's decision or is it influenced by Mr. Rathod that question is in my mind?"

"I am so surprised, How can the board agree with this change? Marshal sir is the best CEO.
Now the majority shareholder is Mr. Rathod, also part of the board member and His decision will be ultimate, did he force sir?"

"Wait, How is that possible? Who is Mr. Rathod here?" She asked me with confusion.

"Everything is possible when it comes to Jayraj Singh Rathod."

She stood up from her place and set beside me.
"Whah? How? When?
God You got him as boss, lucky you."
She shouted.

I told her how Mr. Rathod becamw my boss' boss.

"So basically, 26% share was owned by RPR private limited has taken loan of 400 crore from VK finance, against this  If this interest free loan is not paid back then RPR has to give 99.9% stake to VK finance. The loan time frame was over a year ago but RPR couldn't pay it back. Here comes Mr. Rathod in the picture, He acquired VK finance first and forced RPR to give it's stake to VK, for a decade old unpaid loan, through RRP he got 26% stake in Marshal."

"Now that Rathod enterprise stake was above 25% means they can put forward an open offer to buy at least 26% more from existing shareholders to give them an opportunity to exit, according to Indian regulations."

"He did the same and he now owns 52% stake in Marshal Group. Such a cunning, subtle, and smart move."

"But what is more surprising is why the hell he is so interested in this particular company?" I asked more to myself than Ria.

"Well, might be because He wants to put his leg on construction."
Well, maybe but,

"He could have built his own construction company."

"Nope, that would have taken him time. From what I have heard He bought the companies that are on the brink of an end at scrap price and take that company to the top."
What Ria said is true that's what businessmen with sharp minds do but again Marshal is not on the verge of an end.

"But he didn't buy this at scrap price

"So what will you do?" She asked.
I told her what transpired today in the meeting with Feni.

"Give me the donuts you bought, I need sugar."
She rolled her eyes before going to kitchen and taking out donuts from refrigerator.

She passed me the donuts box and a plate,
"I don't understand where all of this sugar goes, look at yourself. I can do anything to have your metabolism."

I served myself the powdery donuts, and took a bite, with thinking my next move.
.
"Ii wilvvv rrsgn."

"Please speak after swallowing."

I looked at the chocolaty donuts on my lap contemplating rather to take next bite or tell her.

"I will resign.
Before he fires me I will resign with my head held high." I told and took bite of my donut.

"Why would he fire you? You are an amazing employee and a hard worker. If he is as sensible as I think He is then he will not."

"Actually, there is some more stuff that I haven't told you before."
I stopped to look at her expression, her eyebrows merged together.

"Remember Divya's bachelorette, I was finding you guys and went to a different floor."
I described to her the club scene,

I described how I met Jayraj Singh Rathod.
She gasped with surprice hearing me.

"So you are telling me that Jayraj Singh Rathod wanted to do you, wanted to have s*x with you and you ran from there."
I nodded at her. She stood up from tha sofa and started to yell,

"Everyone at my office and all my friends are head over heels for that handsome hunk and you on the other let go of such an opportunity."

"I didn't know He was Jayraj Singh Rathod."

"so what would you have done If you knew?"

"I would have stayed 100 feet away from him. He is bad news."

"You are no fun yar. Tell me how was he?."
She jumped and sit beside me with dreamy eyes.

"Dark and dangerous, controlling and oh so sexy, I have never heard a voice like him before, you know the toe-curling voice. His eyes were cold but the most beautiful I have ever seen."

Oh, wait stop it right now.
Remember he is a cunning bastard and because of him, Marshal sir is resigning.
Yes, He is an enemy,

"You are so into him."
Enemy, enemy.

"Nope, no way." I tried to reassure myself more than her.

"Don't lie. I have never seen you like this before. The way you were describing or I would say praising him says it all."
I ignored her because nothing I will say make her convinced otherwise. When I am not confident in myself how can I make others?

"so what will you do next?"

"Should I leave the company? I mean there are people out there who are ready to hire me because of the work I had done so far.
No, No, No.
I couldn't let go of what I'd worked so hard for and I love working at Marshal's, my colleagues."

"So will you stay?"

"I think I will but If he thinks that being my employer he can haul me around then I will prove him wrong."

With the thought of not bending to his command I went to my room after cleaning my teeth, I slept.