Rathod sent food!

Was I stunned by his presence? Yes, I was

Yes, I was.
I didn't expect him here at all. And never in my life, I thought he would say sorry for firing me.
All in all, his behavior at the apartment was different than his at the office and maybe that's why the last part came from my mouth.
Because I was so angry at him, I just said him selfish.
But I never thought he would give such a drastic reaction. When I said about destroying, his face was showing so many emotions like hurt and anger, he was damn angry, he was there in the room but still was not there.
Like I have opened some wounds of the past.

'God, Aarna, why you had to say that? Will he be fine?'
As much as I say I don't want to see him, I can't ignore the desire to be with him.
I wanted to experience the hot, perfect moments and kisses we shared rather than fighting with him all the time.
His care, his concern, and the moments that I shared with him can't give justification for his behavior in the morning or all the other times he made me feel like trash.

"Why you didn't come to the office today, and you didn't even inform HR? Are you alright?" Marshal sir said.
Before that there were only two reasons for my absence from work, health issues or me being out of the city.

"Are you there? Aarna. Don't tell me you resigned."
He said with a laugh.
That means Rathod didn't tell him about me not being part of the company anymore

"Jokes apart. I called you for our new project. This time we are making our own mall and then we will sell it, isn't that exciting? I want you to lead this project. I will talk about this to Rathod and I don't think he will disagree with this decision."
We constructed malls before too but as constructors only and not as owners.
This was new and It was easy to guess the mind behind this idea.

"Sir, I don't think--"

"Aarna, I am getting late for a dinner meeting, I will talk to you Tomorrow at the office."
So like Marshal sir, this is his way of talking on phones. He would cut the call before letting others complete it.
I was confused, why didn't he know?
HR must have informed Marshal sir,

I opened my mail and saw that they sent the termination letter from Rathod's email and not from the company's email, and there was only Mr. Rathod's signature and not from HR.
It was a rule that nobody can fire any employee without HR's permission but usually, HR gave their consent because they also work for the owners.
HR can not go against them.

So I still am part of MR till the HR department signs my termination letter.
Half part, I mean.
I laughed at my misery.

I was in no mood to cook and Ria was going to come late, so I opened my phone to order something and I was looking at the menu from my favorite restaurant, a Gujarati restaurant. Whenever I eat food from this restaurant, I always felt like I am at home.
The ringing of a doorbell startled me.
'Who could be at home at this time.'
I murmured.

I opened the door, and there was this delivery guy, holding a big parcel.
"Aarna Patel?" He asked looking at the receipt.

"Yes."
I looked at him skeptically.