CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN

Start from the beginning

"Yanovich...? Oh... Is Genya with you? A healer... I don't feel good..." Liliya mumbled. Half of it was mushed together in some incoherent jumble but Kirigan managed to understand her. A soft sigh escaped his lips as he weaved through the woods towards the manor-house. The giant manor-house that Liliya had managed to miss.

"There is a healer and they will look at you. Don't waste your energy," He said. A soft huff escaped Liliya's lips as her head fell against his chest. She didn't like being carried around or told what to do but she did like being in his arms. It was comforting, he was warm. It was better than anything she had felt for days.

Liliya wasn't sure when she nodded off but when she came back to reality, she was sat in Yanovich's manor. He was stood a few steps away, watching Liliya with a worried look in his eyes. Liliya pushed her hands into the pillows, sitting up when she suddenly felt a hand against her chest. They pushed her down and Liliya let out a soft groan.

"You are still being healed. Wait," General Kirigan said. There was no room for argument in his tone. She knew that she couldn't argue so she merely hummed in response and allowed herself to fall back into a slumber. Vaguely aware of how her skin prickled pleasantly from the feeling of the healing. At some point she heard voices. One was feminine and she didn't recognise it until she realised it sounded a little bit like Yanovich. Lisenka.

Liliya blinked her eyes open enough to catch a glimpse of the recluse. Her hair was long and blonde, trailing down to her wait. It was in loose curls and she had a smile that Liliya had never expected. It was warm but cold, sweet yet bitter. She was so conflicting but it only made her so much more beautiful. Liliya stared for a moment longer before closing her eyes again.

People moved and she heard Kirigan sit down on the couch. Aleksander reached out and pulled her head into his lap. Her body moving to curl up against him, her eyes squeezed shut. Her whole body ached but it was better. No bullet wounds, no bruises, no concussions. Just her and the man she loved. Her eyes opened and she stared up at him.

"Did you test the boy?" Liliya asked. Aleksander nodded and she waited to see if he'd elaborate. The unspoken words between them to which Aleksander shook his head. Liliya chuckled and rolled onto her back. Her body adjusting so just her head was rested against him.

"Shot, stabbed, threatened, poisoned and ambushed for a boy who wasn't even the Sun Summoner," Liliya muttered. Her arms falling over her face and she was tempted to sob but the idea of crying felt like it would take too much energy. Energy she did not want to give over. She was exhausted and wanted nothing more than to be with Aleksander. Her Aleksander.

"We will go back to Os Alta and you will need to rest. The King will decide what to do with the Boy but I assume he will be sent back to Shu Han," Aleksander explained. Liliya quickly bolted upright. Her head nearly smacking against Aleksander's. Her hands then reached out for his and pulled them closer, shaking her head furiously.

"No. Not Shu Han. Don't send him back. Isaak. Isaak will kill him. Isaak is alive and he will kill him. Anywhere but Shu Han," Liliya said quickly. Tripping over her words as she stared at him. It took Aleksander a moment to comprehend what was going on and then he said nothing, urging her to explain, "The Fjerdans. They didn't take him or he escaped. I don't know but Isaak is alive. He tried to kill me. He is working for the Shu Han. I don't know if he can still summon shadows. He didn't do it but... he's, Aleksander, he's alive and we cannot send the boy back to Shu Han," Liliya said as she turned to face Aleksander.

Her hands reaching out to cup his face and pull him closer. Trying to convey her point as she rested her forehead against his. Aleksander let out a soft sigh and pressed a soft kiss to her lips.

"We won't send him back to Shu Han. Now, just get some rest, milaya. We are going home in the morning," Aleksander said before he slipped away from her. Liliya threw her hands out, wanting to cling to him but he slipped away. Her gaze fixed on the back of his head before he was gone. A soft sigh escaped her lips as her body collapsed against the couch.