•chapter 1•

I dip my toe in the water, watching it swirl around everytime I take it out. I look behind me seeing my mom on the phone, we've been on the run for the past 6 months and she is all I have.
She releases the phone from her face, hitting end.
"Mom?" I whip around and walk to her slowly.
She pushes her hair from her face, "yes hun?"
I pause, "what happened?"
she squirms as I ask, but she is interrupted by the sudden car pull up in the drive way.
I turn around and look at my mom, fear flowing through every vein. She yanks my arm and we jump into the car, I'm glad we packed. She swerves around a corner, but they are still following us. She reaches for her phone that landed on the floor which she couldn't reach, so she undoes her seatbelt and grabs it. She moves to a really sharp turn and I barely manage to stay still, wind passing me although the windows are up. We lose them but my mom swerves a corner and a car sprints through us separating us. My biggest fear happens my mom flys through the glass and hits the steering wheel, her body bending in strange way I manage a quick "mom" and then it goes black as my concussion goes further into action.
---------------------- ----- ---------------------------
I wake up in a hospital bed, different needles plunged into my skin, I see a faint body as pale as a white oak tree.
my mother.
I try to move but my body aches and my foot is put into a boot, I have a large bandage over my head and all I can do is moan my mother's name but my throat is so dry it comes out muffled.
I lay there motionless as if there is nothing I can do, then the doctor enters.
she looks through her clipboard, and then frowns.
"Bree Green?"
I faintly smile and nod, and she looks down.
"You are stable and you were in a car crash, your mother hasn't waken up yet and you will be released later tonight. Is there anyone you would like me to call?"
Now I'm the one to frown, "No, we don't have any family." I quickly look at my mom, "Will she wake up?" The doctor loses eye contact with me, "By the looks of it now, if she doesn't wake up by tomorrow it's likely your mother is-is-" she hesitates "gone."
She smiles at me as if she had good news, I don't want to miss it so I perk up
"We were able to get all of your belongings out of the car, they are all in the corner." I smile then I look down. It's silent for a few seconds that's when I see her eyes showing a hint of sadness and a tight smile and tells me she will give me a minute to process this, and I nod her off.
I move out of the bed, not realizing how much I ache in my head as much as my body. I force on a t-shirt that says good vibes, a pair of navy blue leggings, a loose braid tugging down to my stomach, and my boots with my leather jacket. I put on some mascara and eyeliner so I don't look so out of it, and then I work up the courage to walk over to my mother.
"Hey mom," I force a glimpse at her faint body.
I look at her expecting a response,
"I need you to wake up, " I try to at least faintly laugh, but it comes out as a sob.
"Your my only friend, you are the only person I have and I can't say goodbye. I can't be alone mom! I need you, I have nothing-no one- you can't die. You need to fight this mom, not only for yourself but for me." I stop to wipe a tear away, and I take in a deep breath "I can't do this without you, there is no this without you. I love you mom. And I'm not ready to say goodbye. I didn't get to say goodbye, and I won't because you are gonna fight this." I tighten my grip on her hands and look at her hands as I do so, mostly because I'm too scared to look at her face again. "You are gonna fight this for me."
All of a sudden her beeper begins constantly beeping, I jump and my instincts kick in and I run out of the room and yelp for a doctor "help! Help!" A doctor comes sprinting over ignoring me as she enters the room with 3 more doctors following her. The first doctor to enter points out the door and closes it behind me as I walk out and watch from the window, then they pull the blinds and I'm left outside the door waiting, for what seems like hours until the doctor finally walks out, her amber eyes as cold as they possibly could be. I never realized how tired doctors could get and how many annoying and heart broken patients they help, but she has to deal with giving the news waiting for her chance to get home and drown herself in all the lives she couldn't save. it breaks me.
I break from my daze as she states that my mother is still unconscious and that there is nothing she can do.
I need to go say goodbye.
I walk through and they shut the door behind me, I look at my mom in her last moments
"I asked you to fight, and I remember when I was little and how I choked on the piece of shrimp and you asked me to fight; so I did. Why can't you do the same for me mom?!"
I fight back the tears and let my anger out,
"Why couldn't you do that for me?! Why are you leaving me to be alone and broken forever, I have nothing!" I begin to sob, "my life is nothing. I belong to nothing, I'm basically dead and I need you. I can't make it alone mom!" Tears sting my eyes, "it was a nice having you. I'll stay strong for you, and I'll live for you. You won't be forgotten by me mom. I'll see you on the other side someday mommy. I love you." I finish by her beeper interrupting me, and the line goes straight and my mother's stiff and pale body looks beautiful, but she is gone.
"goodbye mommy." I break, the doctors rush in and push me out of the room and I watch as my mother's broken body is wrapped up and her now corpse is taken away. I'm alone, and I'm on my own.

---------------------- ------ --------------------------
A/N
Hey it's me Allie!
So this is my first chapter, which I hoped everyone will enjoy. I will update soon but in the meantime read my other workings "In the End" plz. thanks for reading.
Comment, like, and follow!
Thanks ~allie