Chapter 44 - The Ace and Thief

Začať od začiatku

Aomine's eyes widened for a moment before he grinned, sweat rolling down his face. The two prodigies moved, their breathing and steps in sinc. It was like two Aomines were playing against each other as (Y/N) copied his form, his style, and every move he did.

"Are they really that strong? Do you really think that they can change you? How do you think that they can change you, when you don't even trust them to show your true self to them!" Aomine jumped in the air and (Y/N) jumped as well, the ball flew from her hands and hit against his finger. It flew in the air and hit against the backboard, rolling around until it tipped into the basket. (Y/N)'s feet landed on the ground. "Be honest (N/N), you don't even fully trust us. Not even Kise, I mean you've been hiding secrets from him as well."

He frowned as he crisscrossed. Her eyes widened at his next words. "After all, if you trusted us, you would have told us about your relationship with Akashi," Aomine said and the aura changed around (Y/N) changed. "Did you think that I wouldn't notice? It was shocking when I saw you two making out in the locker room." Everything seemed to be in slow motion. "Was it before or after he and Murasakibara fought? Come on, tell me."

(Y/N) blinked, her eyes opening as she started to use Akashi's Emperor's eyes. In an instant, she shot out her hand, her fingertips connecting with the ball in Aomine's grasp. "Shut your mouth, Daiki." The ball flew from his grasp and (Y/N) ran forward, grabbing the ball and dribbling towards the basket. Aomine turned to chase after her. Catching up, the two moved back and forth as (Y/N) dribbled the ball. She moved the ball back and forth, left and right, through her legs. "It's none of your business." 

Aomine's eyes widened as his body started to fall sideways. He had no control as he collided with the ground. He couldn't get up. He stared up at (Y/N) who looked down at him with her piercing gold eyes which looked at him as if he was a bug under her foot. Aomine shivered at the sight, his heart beating rapidly as he saw an outline of Akashi overlapping her. They both had the same look in their eyes, it was frightening.

(Y/N) turned away from him, shooting the ball in the air as it went into a high arc and landed inside the basket without touching the rims. The ball hit against the floor, dribbling as it rolled away. It soon went silent and (Y/N) let out a sigh, calming herself. Her eyes were half lidded as she stared down at Aomine who was staring up at her with mixed emotions.

"50-43. It's my win Daiki," she said, pushing back her blond hair. She smirked. "Win 600 for me."

Aomine brows furrowed. "I thought we were playing until 100 (N/N)," he retorted, standing up from the ground, looking down at her.

"If we play any further, one of us will push ourselves too far and get injured," (Y/N) explained and looked at the ball that stopped rolling. "I can't let you play injured against Ryo tomorrow, it wouldn't be fair since I know he wants to go all out against you."

"Kise? We both know that he won't win against me, even if he goes all out," Aomine replied, wiping his sweat with his shirt as he went to pick up the fallen basketball.

(Y/N) hummed. "I know that, but I also know that he'll push you. Ryo... he's improved and changed his way of thinking. He has his teammates to rely on."

Aomine barked out a laugh. "Teammates to rely on, huh? Even if he does." His eyes darkened. "He still won't be able to beat me. He's weak."

"Well, we will... see... to...morrow..." (Y/N) muttered and fell to the ground, her body slamming against the court. Her eyes closed as she took heavy breaths. Aomine panicked and ran towards her, dropping the basketball in his hand.

"Oi! (N/N)!" Aomine shouted, crouching down next to her.

Aomine clicked his tongue as he carried (Y/N) on his back, her arms and legs wrapped around him. "Sorry Daiki," she mumbled, burying her face in his neck.