Scout Design: Pursuit

Start from the beginning

Your boss smirked suddenly, throwing you off guard. "Oh, you misunderstand me, (f/n)," said Levi. "The situation itself was enjoyable enough, as I hold no regret over it and I would hope you don't either. Although, given the circumstances, I would have preferred it under a more sobered mentality."

The elevator pinged, signaling you had arrived at your floor, and the doors slid open to reveal an already busy office filled with your coworkers.

Levi turned away from you. "Keep it professional, (f/n)," he said quietly so no one else could hear. He did not favor you with a glance and walked towards his desk at the head of the office.

"What...the hell...?" you whispered to yourself, half glaring at the back of your boss' head. He left you standing there completely dumbfounded and blushing furiously. If it wasn't for your coworkers trying to appear as if they have been working hard in their boss' absence, you were sure one of them would have seen how annoyed you looked.

You weren't sure if you should be insulted or flattered, but as you exited the elevator, you decided to settle for no emotion at all. You had little time to process what he said, as you were already in a whirlwind of work and meetings to prepare yourself for.

You sat down at your desk with a quiet huff and tried to appear calm in front everyone but it was hard not to notice you roughly pulling papers out of your briefcase and nearly slamming them down.

Your cell phone buzzed and you glanced at it. With a not so hidden scowl, you opened up the text.

Everyone is at staring you. You might want to tone down your frustration.

You seethed internally and threw a sharp glance up at Levi, the sender of the text. He currently was barking orders at Connie Springer for a progress report on his subordinate's most recent project but you could see the slightest smirk on his lips. You waited for him to make eye contact but he purposefully did not and turned his attention to his next victim. 

YOU are the reason I'm so frustrated!! you texted back before turning on your computer.

Is that any way to talk to your superiorAnother glance at him and you found his smirk getting broader.

Your reply back was fierce. I will kill you. I suggest not picking a fight with me.

Levi didn't reply back immediately, which you found strangely irritating.

I would laugh aloud if Iweren't in the office, he sent after six minutes.

Oh, and why is that?!

When your cell buzzed again, he looked directly at you, waiting for your reaction. Your threat was cute, seeing that it came from you. You're like a tiny kitten trying threaten a fully grown German Shepherd.

"I am not a kitten!" you snapped out loud, warranting the entire office giving you a blank stare. A rush of blood hit your face, having not realized you were angry enough to have an outburst like that.

"Uh..sorry...don't mind me..." you choked out, completely humiliated and catching Levi trying to keep his signature bland expression in tact.

You were embarrassed that he called you cute, but more so angry that he compared you to a house pet. There were a million things you wanted to say, much less do, to Levi.

Do you have a death wish!?you texted back furiously.

"(L/n)!" your boss barked abruptly, making you jump. "I don't pay you to flirt with your boyfriend, so get back to work! Text on your own time!"