"I just wanted to see you," She admitted. He smiled softly and lifted her chin up with his fingers. Looking into her eyes as he tried to decipher exactly what she wanted. Seeing him meant a lot of things for them now, "Just to cuddle and sleep and talk. I missed you," She added. A tentative smile on his lips. He let his hand fall down to her shoulder and played with the strap on her shoulder for a moment.

"Let's get into bed, milaya," He said once he'd stepped back. She nodded and then he walked over. He pulled the covers back and slid underneath, gesturing for her to get in. Shuffling beside him, she rested her head against his chest. One lag wrapped over his hip and the other pressed between her body and his chest.

The two sat like that for a moment, just listening to each other's breathing. Her hands running through his hair aimlessly. Gently playing with the hair at the nape of his neck. It had grown a little longer, she noticed. Not much longer but he mustn't have cut it in a while. His beard was neatly trimmed as always.

"Are you comfortable?" She asked softly, realising how much pressure she was probably putting against his chest. He hummed in agreement, his eyes had fallen closed. She hadn't even notice but when she lifted her head, she did. The smile spreading across her face. He looked so relaxed and she lifted her hand to his face, gently running her fingers through his beard, "Am I really a Shadow Summoner?" She questioned. His eyes opened and he tilted his head down to meet her gaze. He then pressed a soft kiss to her lips. His hand, that had been resting between them, now moved to push hair out of her face.

"You are, milaya. We can start practising in the morning," He said softly. She nodded and then nuzzled her face into his neck again. The soft breathing filled the room again and eventually lulled them both to sleep.

***

"Focus on the shadows," He whispered in her ear. His hands moving to rest against her hips, straightening up her position. Liliya let out a soft sigh. It had been a few hours of them practicing in Aleksander's bedroom. It was early in the morning still, the sun had rose around half an hour ago but they were trying.

"I can't," She whined softly as she wiggled her hips against his touch. Aleksander pulled away from her and then he gestured rather gracefully. The room quickly became engulfed in shadows, a thick light that she couldn't see through. He then stepped further away from her and waited to see what she'd do, "Aleksander, I won't find you," Liliya said.

"Try," He repeated. So she did and she pushed her hands out. Seeking to push the shadows to one side. There was a glimmer of hope for a moment before it fell away and nothing happened. The spark inside her dimming out.

***

The dining room was completely dark. Aleksander had suggested that a bigger space might make it easier. Liliya had her doubts but the dining room was a perfect place. She knew that she could walk around it with her eyes closed and the plates had been cleared away. Her hands moved around in front of her but she could barely see the movements.

With a push of her hands, she managed to create a small circle around her. The shadows receding a few centimetres as she kept her hands in front of her. But then it faltered, she lost confidence and it drowned her again. A soft sigh escaped her lips and she looked around, trying to remember where Aleksander said he would be.