Nuzzling his head into her shoulder, Harry held her body loosely in a soft hug. "I love you." He whispered against her jumper. "I love you so much."

Primrose rubbed his back, her hands obsolete when compared to the vast canvas it was upon. "I love you, Harry." She kissed his neck softly, holding him for a few more moments. Through those few seconds of silence she understood why Harry found it so hard to say goodbye. Holding him seemed so perfect, loving him seemed so simple, and keeping him here was so straight forward.

But none of it was easy.

Loving somebody should never be easy.

Blinking rapidly to clear her suddenly glossy gaze, she pulled away swiftly, giving no time for mental deliberation as she stepped back from Harry, like she were releasing him to the world.

"Have fun." She waved. These minor signals were the little pushes Harry needed to leave.

Grasping the handle, Harry opened the door slowly to postpone his inevitable departure. "Bye, love." His voice was carried by the gentle breeze being let into the room from the outside, hitting Primrose as he turned his back to her.

She refrained from saying goodbye back to him, knowing that even though she could stay this strong for Harry, she wasn't strong enough to say goodbye.

As he mentally promised, Harry messaged Primrose saying he'd landed safely. The small message of landed and alive :) warmed her as she read through their old conversations through the isles of her local Tesco.

Harry's been gone for a week now, and, she misses him. A lot. Some nights she forgets his absence and reaches out to hold him - every time being left disappointed by the cold, lonely duvet over his side of the bed. Harry also hasn't sent her any letters yet, which makes her grow curious as to whether he's forgotten this tradition. Maybe he's just busy she thought to herself, browsing at the cereal displayed neatly on the shelves. Perhaps they got lost in the post she turned to the next isle, smiling as she saw it was filled with chocolate and biscuits.

Pity food!

Shoving her phone securely into the pocket of her jeans, she headed straight towards her favourite food, the bright blue bag standing out to her when she approached. She wilfully grabbed 3 multipacks of iced gems, partly for enjoyment and partly for the sentimentality, placing them within her trolley without hesitation.

Guiding the wheels with ease, she turned into the isle and walked the brief distance to the frozen isle. However, blissfully in her own world as she fantasized over the ice cream she was about to buy, her body came to a sudden stop. It was instantaneous as her feet glued to the tiles beneath, her hands tensing to stop the trolley wheeling away. Snapping back to a confused reality, her mind eventually caught up with her body's reflex.

There, stood on the other end of the isle opening a freezer door, was a face she never imagined she would ever see again.

Her throat foamed with sick as she remembered everything - the worst two years of her life crashing down over her all over again like she'd never left. She was terrified, statuesque to this very spot as she stared at him, who was unaware of her presence.

His hair was as blond and shaggy as ever, his build still muscular and his clothes still the messy, comfy option.

As Dan turned from the shelf, his eyes fell onto hers. They pierced through the room like bullets, everything falling to an unwanted standstill as all Primrose now wanted was to run. He smiled at her, his feet leisurely moving to approach her yet as soon as he took a large step towards her, she became flooded with a simple yet controlling urge to run.