CHAPTER 35

Sunghoon played with Jake's buttons as he laid on his lap.

"Do you think Ni-ki will be able to do it?" Sunghoon asked, "It's obvious that he developed some relationship with that Kim Sunoo. What do you say?"

"He should be able to do it." Jake softly hummed, "He has to. It's the only way he can prove his loyalty to the Nidra."

"If he was so easily wavered by just one cute guy, then we have no use of him." Jake muttered. Sunghoon sighed, "He is only a child, you know.

"And maybe that is why we should trust him less." Jake answered, "Listen, Ni-ki is like my brother, I saw him grow in front of my eyes. But when it comes to such risky matters, I think he should mature more."

Sunghoon hummed, his hands now on his face, "We're almost done with this. Once Kim Sunoo is dead, I think we can focus on claiming the other gangs."

"When do you say we go for him?" Jake asked.

"Let's follow him tomorrow. He developed a habit of shooting people every Sunday. I'm sure he'd be out tomorrow." Sunghoon stated. "Can't we just kill him at his house?" Jake asked, he really didn't want to create anymore problems. He just wanted to calmly end this.

"No, we need to put on show." Sunghoon explained.

"We need to convince the gangs that it wasn't us. And also, we need them to know what we're capable of." Jake nodded, his eyes starting to fall down, "But now, I think it's time for us to take some rest now."

Sunghoon smiled, "Alright."

*******

Sunoo walked along the busy streets with his gun safely tucked in his pocket.

The people around were all jittery and happy, exclaiming about their week days or about the fun they were about to have. He smiled along with all of them, appearing like a college student out for some fun time all by himself.

How wrong they all were.

As he walked into the bar, he felt a bit lonely. Usually, Jungwon used to accompany him. But now, he was gone somewhere else.

Sliding into a chair, he drank and joked with the bartender lightly, absorbing the rhythms playing from the DJ station. However, throughout the conversation, he had always kept an eye on the most isolated private cabin in the entire bar, taking note of whoever was coming in or out.

Just as he was watching a man in a white suit enter the cabin, he caught a glimpse of the same dark brown hair he had seen on the spy in his office on that night, his breath froze.

Could it be?

He leaned even more forward, completely ignoring the friendly bartender. With his back no longer on the chair, he spotted the face of that one person he loved so greatly.

Ni-ki, standing right in front him.

His soul pulsated with joy as he stumbled out of his seat and ran towards him. "Ni-ki, you're finally here!" Just when he began running, Ni-ki turned away, leaving the place.

Sunoo quickened his pace and followed Ni-ki. He went through the twirling chambers and climbed up the stairs to reach the place where Ni-ki was standing with his eyes watching Sunoo.

Sunoo was overjoyed, his one and only love was right in front him, watching him. "Ni-ki, Ni-ki, you don't know how much I've missed you." He expected the other to be happy, or maybe even angry. But he never even dreamt of seeing Ni-ki like this.

In those eyes, there was immense sadness.

A heavy truth gritted through his irises, his pupils dilated, rising in such pain that Sunoo felt himself almost fall to his knees.

"Ni-ki," he began, "What's wrong, tell me. I'll help you fix it." He climbed up the stairs, his hand reaching out to caress Ni-ki's jaw.

But the minute he climbed up to be on level with Ni-ki, he saw an astounding group of people behind him, all of them glaring at him with the intent kill.

In front of the group, were four men who stood like the leaders. Sunoo recognised two of them to be the ones from the video tapes, Heeseung and the other man.

It was only then did he realise what Ni-ki led him to, why Ni-ki's gaze held such pain and regret as he watched him climb up the stairs.

Ni-ki led Sunoo to his own execution.

"Well, well." Gritted the blonde from the four, "Look who we have here" A brown haired man spoke, "Isn't it the one who's desperate to be a part of Nidra?" He smirked.

Sunoo didn't say anything. Instead, he looked right at Ni-ki, absorbing as much as he could of the other. He looked at him not in pain, wrath or outrage.

He simply looked at him love.

For Sunoo didn't care of the situation he was in, the intentions behind this even nor the consequences that he would face the very next second for he would always love the other greatly.

Even when Ni-ki held a knife to his heart.

________________________________

Sunoo's personality in the book is actually based on my sister's obsession with Ni-ki.

But don't worry, she aint that creepy, but like you know..

She's obsessed.