CHAPTER 10

The mattress plunged down on the bed frame as Jay fell heavily on it.

He sighed softly, running his hands through his slightly wet hair while his legs lay loosely on the edge.

Today was another murder, another mission, another warning to everyone who is against the Nidra.

It was a normal day.

Or so, it was supposed to be.

Everything was out shined by one single person and the constant missions that he loved so much seem to no longer be his first priority.

"A devil's trap?" He asked himself, lightly laughing at this. All the stories he heard of the Devil, about its vicious brain play, sweet manipulation and oppression never made more sense than now.

All he could think of was Heesung's voice, his ways, his eyes, his devil.

The air slipped off him like a blanket as he sat upright, thinking about how to proceed through all of this. Should he ignore it? Should he acknowledge it? What even was 'it'?

All of a sudden, everything in his room turned into a piece of Heesung.

The cold turned into Heesung's eyes that were so freezing, so chilling, that they could burn all that they set their vision upon.

The soft quilt turned into his tender heart that was so generous, it could even harbour a horned creature from the scarring fires of the hells beneath.

His own rough hands reminded him of the glass manacles that Heesung's voice poured out, the ones that chained Jay to the other's will.

Those manacles that were so good at brainwashing him that right now, his hands were futile to work against the brown haired one.

Every single one his senses reminded him of Heesung, told him over and over that he was to stay only at the feet of the other.

His heart heaved as he breathed out, his senses falling into a blatant confusion. "What should I do?" He asked the heaven above, his head titled to the sky.

What a foolish move, my darling.

What would the Heavens know about some thing that is a part of Hell?

******

Sunoo sighed as Jungwon sat with his head in his hands.

"What do you mean we were spied upon?" He asked for the 24th time. "It means we were spied upon." Confirmed Sunoo for the 25th time.

"What now?" Jungwon cried out, "We have so much more work apart from the case." Sunoo nodded while reading a text from his senior.

"Oh, well, we're getting a new intern to do all the paper work." He said calmly, his heart feeling better at the chance of lesser work.

"That's better." Huffed Jungwon, "Who is he anway?" Sunoo studied the screen before saying, "Nishimura Riki, he's 2 years younger."

Jungwon hummed at that, pushing himself out to the working table. Everything was falling apart, there were no clues, no leads. There was only one place, and even that was no guarantee to success.

"I'll have them slit open and chased down like rats." Mumbled Jungwon, his dark hair falling down like a bird's nest, "Spying on us, eh? I'll end all of ya'll."

Duty with passion, now ignited with rage.

Sunoo relaxed his back, his head leaning on the chair with his eyes stirring with the golden fury of his righteous soul, "It's still a good thing, you know." He began.

"Nidra is spying on us, but why?" He laughed, "It's because they are scared. They're scared because we are on the right path."

The door then opened slightly, causing both the officers to turn around quickly. Out of the door, came a smiling boy, his narrow eyes pulled to an elevation at the corner.

"Hello," said the boy, "I'm Nishimura Riki."

"You can call me Ni-ki."