CHAPTER 15

The tranquil grass blades bent over in bunches as two pairs of feet made their way towards the brightest spot in the whole backyard.

Heeseung fell lousily to the warming grass as Jay sat down like a graceful swan. The Sun fell on them in patches, slicing through the dense clouds like knives.

Yet, when it hit their skin, it felt as soft as butter.

"Such a beautiful backyard, you should use it more often." Suggested Heeseung, his hands fumbling with something Jay couldn't clearly see. "You're right." He answers, not really putting much thought into.

Despite the gloomy shadow cast by the broken building, Heeseung felt more lively than he had in ages. He ran his hands through the damp soil, watching the fluttering bees lodging lazily on the unkempt flowers.

It felt like a dream to him.

"How beautiful." He said to himself, receiving a soft grunt from the other. "Jay," he began, "I called you here to show you something nice I found in the rooms." He pulled out something from his back pocket and held it out.

A small rectangular box sat in his hands, buttons aligned neatly on one edge. "I know its not something great, but it looks pretty and oddly reminds me of you." Jay looked at the other in feigned dismay,

"I look rectangular to you?"

The dark haired one burst into laughter, his head thrown back with his hands clutching onto the box. "Oh come on, you know I didn't mean that." His laughter subdued, "I mean, you know what this is right?"

A tiny box that almost everyone knows.

An unexpressive face from Jay made Heeseung blink in confusion. "Wait, you don't what this is?" Jay shook his head, leering over to take a better look at whatever that was. Heeseung sighed softly, "Let me show you then."

He reached over to the blonde and pushed aside a few loose strands of hair, pressing the cold metal box to his ears, "Ready?" He asked and then clicked on one of the white buttons.

Suddenly, the box came to life, rumbling quietly against his ears. From it came long sounds that felt like diamonds to Jay.

Each vibration ran through his earlobe and settled in his brain, filling him with a sort of joy he never knew.

Long draws of metallic wires, well modulated tones and glorious voices poured out, all of them causing Jay's heart to beat twice faster.

And his eyes blew up on realisation, Music.

Music in its finest form, music flowing through all of his veins. How long has it been since he experienced such happiness?

Heeseung paled, "Jay, you're not breathing."

It was neither of a question nor a worry. It was just a statement, as though to tell him that he had committed something without knowing.

"Oh." Came the reply, "I'm sorry. It's just it's been too long since I heard such music." Heeseung looked in disbelief, "How?"

"I wasn't brought up in one of the best conditions. I always had to fight to live and luxuries such as music couldn't be given much time." Jay breathed out.

They remained silent with only the music running through the air, looping its way across the flowers and grass.

"It's like heaven." Came a small whisper from Jay, so quiet that Heeseung wouldn't have heard it if he wasn't focusing completely on Jay.

"Heaven?" Such things exist?

Jay turned his head to the side, his eyes shimmering like the night sky, "Do you think heaven exists, Heeseung?" The other shrugged his shoulders, not knowing what to say.

"You don't know?" Jay smiled through the words, "It's ok, I don't know about it either. But I really hope such a thing exists, even though I might not get in."

Heeseung narrowed his eyes, "Then why do you want it to exist?" Jay brushed his hair out his eyes, "Just so that we can try to replicate it here on earth in our second life."

The dark haired one spoke, "What do you think heaven should be like?" 

Jay threw his head back, the sun pouring down his facial bones.

"Probably like this."

________________________________

Yeah this is just a filler chapter