CHAPTER 25

It was an unusual night for the Nidra.

Jake and Sunghoon sat next to each other, not speaking at all. Jay was on the pin cushion of the floor, watching as Heeseung played a game on his phone.

The lamps glowed dully, casting greyish hues on the red carpets that adorned the walls. The marble floor was warm to look at, but was like ice to touch.

At such times, they usually spoke a lot with each other or were busy with work. But now, even in such a leisure time, they didn't dare to say a word.

But it was funny how though everyone were silent, they knew exactly what they were thinking about.

'What are we doing?'

Heeseung watched his character get eaten up on his screen and grunted lightly. He put his phone on his lap and then wandered of into thoughts that were far too scary to think of.

He didn't want to be same and now he wasn't anymore. He killed many people, gave them the undesirable truth of death.

But now that he found people like him, he settled in.

God damn the irony.

All of a sudden, he sees what normal people do. He sees that he is a murderer, a wanted criminal, a selfish bastard.

And even more weirdly, he realised this after wanting to be with Jay, the very person who brought him into this mess.

Want. He wants everything, doesn't he?

He craves for a difference, he craves for power, he craves for Jay.

The devil inside him stirs uncontrollably, it rolls and causes havoc inside his brain. It keeps reminding him of his past wishes and reasons.

But Heeseung just can't see it anymore.

He wants nothing more than to stay with Jay right now, no matter how ridiculous it sounds.

He felt Jay stir behind him and lean to take his phone. Heeseung gladly gives it him, smiling as their shoulders touch each other.

"You're terrible at this game, I don't even why you still play it." Jay said with superior smirk. "Whatever." Muttered Heeseung.

Jake, who had his fingers in Sunghoon's hair, looked at them in utter boredom, his eyes bearing an unusual droop.

Suddenly the door blasts open and a tall boy came in. Jake shot up, "Ni-ki?" He began, "Why are you here? Shouldn't you be with those fools?"

Ni-ki paused to catch a breath, sweat dripping of his forehead. His blueish grey hair was an unholy contrast to the room, but he somehow said much more horrible words,

"They know who we are."

********

The gravel beneath his knees bore into his flesh, and eventually, he got up from the ground.

Sunoo's knees wobbled as he got up, his breathed unstable. Everything in his body felt tired and painful.

As his steps stabilised, he lifted his head to the unforgiving wind that crashed furiously against him, ignoring his already crumbling heart.

'Crumbling lives, crumbling hearts
The wind god winnows and crushes them all'

Sunoo laughed frailly, the poem he once heard in middle school, which now finally made sense.

He walked step after step, forcing himself not to break down, he couldn't let that happen. He had to be strong enough to face this.

Strength, that's what will help him.

He climbed up the steps to Ni-ki's house to take those tapes with him, they're very important now.

He walked alone on the Main Street, the street lights flickering ever so often. He clutched on to his bag, the tapes and everything possible to hold on to.

Every second passing by felt like a spear to his heart, each one settling in deep and painfully. His chest trembled and his soul shivered.

"I will be fine." He told himself, trying his level best to fix his burnt heart, the ashes seeping deep into his blood, making it turn grey.

"I'm fine." He said softly, his lips tasting salt as he opened his mouth. Shaking his head, he went further to Jungwon's house.

As he cried on the street, he went ahead.