CHAPTER 31

It was weird, to be honest.

Imagine smooching a person and then sitting in a car with that person, without saying a thing and just staring outside.

Heeseung didn't know how he was supposed to respond.

Technically, he would have talked it out. But right now, his body was filled with the 'flight' hormone and he just didn't have the guts to talk about. And also, Jay was completely nonchalant about it. He acted as if what happened then never actually happened.

So he also acted like nothing happened.

Jay drove past the suburbs, racing into the city streets. The lights changed from pale whites to glittering neons and bright colours of the pub culture.

They pulled in front of an outgoing bar called 'Neo' and parked the car in a corner. Jay, who looked stunning in a loose shirt that hanged down his chest, stepped down first, signalling the other to do so too.

Nodding, Heeseung got down, reminding himself that this was not the time to thirst over the person next to him.

Looking around, he realised that it was actually a pretty normal bar with no implications of illegal activities, filled with normal people with peaceful lives.

Boring turds.

He walked through the sweaty crowd, the air smelling like cigarettes and perfume. They strode down the oak floor and went straight to the end of bar counter, sitting down casually.

A bartender of around their age approached them with a sweet smile, showing his perfect teeth, "Anything you guys want?" He asked, his face looking almost like a prince's.

Jay shook his head, "Nothing more than a photo, Mr Neo." The bartender looked at him in confusion, "I don't get what you're trying to say."

Jay pressed forward with a knowing smile, "Oh, I think both of us know what I'm speaking about, Sungchan." The bartender paused at the mention of his name, but smirked as he noticed the wave on Jay's chest, "Ah, you want to meet Johnny and Yuta."

"Follow me." Said Sungchan.

With silent steps, they went into the staff room where their guide pulled up a trapdoor, "Get down quickly, look for a man about my height, tell him your name."

Both of them nodded and went down the rusty stairs. The dirty handles soon started to smooth down into polished edges and louder music came swimming into their ears.

As they stepped down, they looked up at a whole new pub. Everyone was dressed like they owned at least ten factories and were completely hung into whatever joy this place gave them.

From the corner of his eye, Heeseung could see a guy showing his gun collection, another was speaking loudly about how he murders people and few others were guffawing about how drugs were cheaper than spring onions.

It was like he took a 180 degree flip.

If the above place felt completely normal, than this place felt completely abnormal.

Jay looked around, his hands in his pockets. Following Jay's vision, Heeseung saw a tall man in a perfect maroon suit stand in the corner talking to someone.

"Is that him?" He whispered to the blond, who solemnly nodded and went in that man's direction.

Heeseung didn't have to see that person's face but he already knew who he was. That man was a member of NCT, one of the most powerful gangs.

NCT was somewhat like a kingpin in Neocity. They were strong, holding great influences over many matters, both legal and illegal ones. One can be completely sure that they can hear everything in the city.

They were here, in one of NCT's multiple dens, to get information on the snake that was causing ruckus in the Nidra's name.

"Hello, Sir." Jay spoke cleanly, "Anything for the Nidra?" The man turned around and Heeseung couldn't help but be blown off by his features.

He had chesire like eyes and prominent lips. His features were soft, but the sharp jaw and high cheekbones created a perfect contrast.

The man smiled as he looked at Jay, "Ah, the Nidra." He held Heeseung's shoulder, "I have a lot to tell you all." He then led them to a secluded counter and motioned them to sit.

Inside, were two other men. One had the perfect anime boy vibes while the other looked astounding with soft eyes and sharp eyebrows.

"Who?" Asked the one with the sharp eyebrows, "Nidra." Answered the man. At this, the other two perked up, their eyes lighting up with vivid interest.

"So, I know all of your names." Started the man, "I'm Johnny, this is Yuta and that one is Xiaojun." Both of them nodded, eyeing the two carefully.

"I heard what's happening with your people, the attack and all that." Johnny said in a happy  voice, "It was too troubling, so we couldn't just let it go. We meddled around and got a bit of information."

Yuta took a glass of wine to his lips, "And can guess what we found?"

Heeseung asked softly, "What?"

Yuta sneered, "We've found that you're all in deep shit."

________________________________

My cravings for Enhypen and NCT content led me to write this. I demand for Ni-ki and Yuta interaction.

Also, the AC in my room just broke down and flooded the place