CHAPTER 18

———————————————————————-

Another night, another Moon.

Here stood Heeseung in a lone road, at his feet was a limp body whose ties with life were torn apart.

This time, he was all alone.

It was not his first time doing this after all.

Only a few months ago he was a student, but now he was a part of a mafia group that was being hunted down from all sides.

His life changed so drastically that he himself had times where everything felt like a dream he didn't want to wake up from.

He got money, food, clothes and what not. And more over, he got mental satisfaction. He got a group, a family and a devil.

What a change, so lovely.

His eyes changed, they started to brim with a reckless euphoria. His lips lifted up in a mad smile, his teeth all shining like jewels.

A stupid demeanour fell on him and like a blessing, music erupted from the silence! To his left formed huge accordions and to his right stood young children singing beautifully.

La, la, la, la, la, la, la, la

He lifted his leg, stood on his toes and swirled around like a Merry-go-round. Lights formed next to him, glowing as bright as daylight.

With each one of his steps formed new structures and tents, all filled with bright lurid colours. Everyone in them was smiling, smiling, smiling.

Only smiling.

They don't breath, they don't blink, they don't speak. They are only happy, they feel nothing else.

This is enough. Happiness is the only thing he needs.

And he has it. This unknown feeling has to be happiness. It was bright, high and crazy. It was all he needed, all his life wanted.

Laughing, he came to a still with staggering steps, his chest rushing up and down as he panted lightly. All the light around him started to fade at a quick pace.

In his paradise, that could never be seen.

His paradise that could only be imagined.

**********

Sunoo lay on the table, re-watching all the security cameras over and over.

This murderer is definitely human, and thanks to Neocity's complex CCTV structure, the culprit most definitely has to pass through at least one camera.

"I'll find you~" Sang Sunoo under his breath, his eyes observing over the screen. Who left. who came in? Check them all, see their behaviour.

His observation epoch, however, was soon brought to an end when the door swung open, revelling all sunlight in, burning all things in gold.

"Ni-ki?" Sunoo said, "What is it?"

Ni-ki walked in sheepishly, looking around the room for it was his first time here. "Is it okay for me to be here? He asked. "Of course." came the answer.

Sunoo felt a pang in his heart due to the question. In front of him was an innocent guy whom he had doubted so much that the other didn't even know if he was welcomed in the office.

How terrible he was.

"Ni-ki, this is your office as well. don't fret." With that, Ni-ki smiled and walked over, his blueish grey hair bouncing along with his steps.

He reached over and showed a couple of reports and thefts, all not a part of the Nidra. These were the daily problems, the hourly complains.

They did exist. Sadly, Nidra was not their only problem.

Sunoo listened to Ni-ki speak about them all, what he did regarding them and the paper work. Sunoo nodded and then looked up at Ni-ki.

All of a sudden, everything was set ablaze in Sunoo's view. Ni-ki's words, his actions and his methods became more and more adorable to him.

It was like someone kicked him in the arse and snatched his breath away, but weirdly, he liked the feeling.

Ni-ki was right beside him, helping him in his work and passion. And just like that, Sunoo wanted to squish him, which he did.

"AHH!" Exclaimed the victim, "Please leave me!" Sunoo smiled at this, his entire life filling in with an unprecedented golden light.

What weird things Ni-ki was making him feel.

And right behind in the cameras, Heeseung walked out of his house in calm night.

________________________________

I wrote this entire chapter listening only to the lalalalals from border-carnival intro.