CHAPTER 19

Jungwon walked past the Observation Room, his hands folded together.

He saw Sunoo observing the cameras, his eyes fixed on them. He did look very focused, if it wasn't for the flowery smile that was currently adorning him.

"Sunoo..?" He asked, "You okay?" Sunoo snapped out of his reverie and just looked at Jungwon, nodding rapidly.

"Very fine, very very fine." He said, his hand moving rapidly, "Finer than you think." Jungwon looked troubled and gave out a weak smile, "If you say so?"

Yes, super fine.

He then turned to the cameras and asked, "Found any?" Sunoo shook his head, "Nothing honestly- oh look, thats the Heeseung boy going out. It's on the day of the first murder in that area."

Jungwon bent forward, trying to memorise the boy's face, "Oh yeah, that's him alright." Then looked at the date, "But it's not on the day of the first murder, its on the day of the second murder."

Sunoo narrowed his eyes, "Did he go out on the first day?." Jungwon shrugged, "'I don't know. Check them, reverse it."

The other nodded, his hands furiously clicking on the reverse button. The screen formed and dispersed, finally showing Heeseung walk out of his house on the first day.

Lee Heeseung, out in the night on both days.

"How did i miss this?" He said softly, his fingers cracking, "Jungwon, go deeper into that boy's whereabouts." Jungwon nodded and left the room, leaving Sunoo all alone.

His shoes clicked to the floor, his hair sweeping across his head as he entered his office. Settling down, he pulled out all the travel information about the boy.

Scrolling through, he asked, "Who are you, Lee Heeseung?"

**********

Jake walked on the soft carpets that adorned the floor of the K-Ultimate hotel.

His hands pressed down the corners of his suit as a light smile played on his lips. His polished shoes shone under the light and his deep brown hair contrasting the white walls.

"Let's have a wonderful evening, shall we?" He asked to the three behind him. Jay, Sunghoon and Heeseung smiled cheekily as they followed him to a lone table in the hall.

This was a private lounge in the hotel with zero cameras, zero visitors. There was no one in here, except for the four of them.

An empty room, an empty bar, an empty dance floor.

What a paradise.

"Sunghoon, get going."Jay said sweetly, getting a gorgeous smile from the other who went ahead to bar, before whispering to Heeseung, "I'm a brilliant mixologist."

A calming hand reached Heeseung's shoulder, gently made him sit on the sofa and pushed him back to get him resting on the sofa, "Stop being so stiff." whispered Jay in his ear, a few of his hair strands tickling his skin.

Heeseung nodded and calmed his breath, sighing as he sinked further into velvet cushion. His eyelids went down easily and he gave out a smile.

The steel light from the LEDs, the audible chatter from the other three, the gushing sound of drinks being poured, everything felt so right.

No one can disturb him, not yet.

He then felt the sofa sink slightly under someone's weight. Lifting an eyelid, Heeseung glanced up through his lashes only to meet Jay's brown eyes.

In the neon light, the other's eyes look like a canvas painted with unruly colours. They looked almost transparent to the outside, but somehow, blocked everything that waited to be read.

"Such pretty eyes." He heard himself say.

Jay hummed, his throat rumbling at the motion, "Thank you." He then pulled Heeseung to his side, not touching anything except his hands, "Rest for now."

And simply like that, the dark haired one fell into a slumber with nothing but the flowers that guarded the border between reality and sleep, which filled his dreams with the sweet smell of alcohol.

His touch was numbed everywhere and even the demon in him was silenced. And the only thing he carried from the awake world was the warm hand that held him, anchoring him actuality.

Among the fours walls, Jay held the boy, guarding him from his own demons.

Once again, Jay won over the demon.