CHAPTER 22

With a nerve wracking realisation, Sunoo climbed up the stairs to Ni-ki's house.

Room no.7, second floor. He got himself to the oak door and knocked lightly, hoping not to disturb the other if was sleeping already.

The door, however, very much open. It moved back lazily from the knocking, revealing a brown glimpse into the interior of the place.

At this, Sunoo panicked greatly.

Where was Ni-ki? Was he was alright?

He pushed the door quickly and stumbled in, hoping to find Ni-ki sleeping. Instead, he was greeted with a cold bed. This was the last straw for Sunoo, and paranoia set in.He was opening his mouth to scream the other's name when he heard noises from the bathroom.

Ah, he must have been in an urgency to relieve himself.

Caressing his nape softly, he cursed his useless panic and made a mental reminder to correct his pessimistic mindset

Wasn't it because of this same mindset that he first suspected Ni-ki and gave the boy a hard time? God, he was a jerk.

He sat himself on the single chair nearby and looked around. It was a simple room with mismatched interiors, a yellow couch, blue and pink curtains with Minnie Mouse patterns.

Definitely Ni-ki's work.

He laughed softly at this, feeling his heart bloom as if it was spring. This boy was unbelievably cute, Sunoo just wanted to squish him.

As he sat down, he realised that he was soon starting to get bored. Understanding that Ni-ki was not going to arrive soon, he got up and looked around the place.

A box with pens, a single cot blanket, few shoes, a CCTV pen-drive, a book-

Wait, why was a CCTV drive here?

Sunoo picked it up carefully, turning it around to see its details. His breath hitched as he understood that this was the CCTV information they had retrieved earlier that day.

But why was it here? Shouldn't it be in the office with the remaining ones? One doubt after the other made him pull out his laptop and connect it to his screen, playing it clearly.

It was the same video he saw back in the office, the same setting. There as nothing different in this video and Sunoo was about to finally relax when an abrupt scene made him stiffen up.

A blonde man jumped into Heeseung's apartment.

Sunoo's breath got stuck in his windpipe for a second as he leaned towards the screen. He clearly didn't remember seeing this happen.

What was this habit of his to miss all the details?

First it was Heeseung, now it was this blonde boy. The blonde was definitely familiar with Heeseung, it was shown in the way he spoke.

Why didn't he see this before? He spent hours without blinking his eyes, watching every details. Then he remembered the flash across the screen when they were watching.

He thought it was just due to the low quality cameras, and didn't grasp the fact that such flashes also appear when the tapes are edited.

Edited tapes, incomplete information.

Sunoo felt himself pale as he started processing things.

Sunoo's sixth sense that had never been wrong told him to suspect him. There was footage with clues and proof being hidden in Ni-ki's house. He messed up in vital points only due to Ni-ki's sweet presence.

But Ni-ki supported them, he stayed by their side all the time, didn't he?

Then a shiver ran down his spine as his fingers went cold, the realisation almost making him trip.

All the time.

Ni-ki was there everywhere, he was the reason why they were lagging so much. It was true that he helped them a lot, but he helped the Nidra much more than them.

He distracted both the officers, pulled out all pieces of information away from them. And he didn't leave them for a minute to give them space.

And as if on cue, Ni-ki came out of the bathroom after a shower, his shirt not present on his chest.

Instead it a single wave was bored into his pale skin.

Oh no, no, no.

________________________________