CHAPTER 5

"What do you mean?" Heeseung asked roughly, the air turning menacing, "I'm no devil."

Jay laughed brightly , "Don't lie. I know how you feel, your pain, the jealousy, the dissatisfaction. And most importantly, your lack of regret."

Jay bent forward and grabbed the other's jaw in his hand, his sharp nails digging into his flesh, "These are the traits of a devil. The minute I saw you, I knew what you were."

"Don't talk sh-shit." Spluttered Heeseung. Jay shook his head, "Tell me you don't feel like that. Tell me I'm wrong."

He leaned backwards, releasing his grip on the other's face. He bored his vision into Heeseung and waited for an answer.

Was he a devil?

Jay was, in a way, correct. His jealousy and hatred were very much great. His heart hated this daily life and it was the truth that he had no regret.

Heesung was submerged in a suffocating jail where he could do absolutely nothing except to follow whatever life threw at him.

He, like all others, was ordinary

He was the same, never meant to be different. A useless sheep in a huge flock, just walking to be shaved every year.

He was after all, just a human.

But this man just suddenly came in and calls him something far different from a human. He called him a devil.

He called him a devil, a horrible thing. An evil being, a chaos causer. He should be offended, disgusted at the least.

But he was not.

Why?

Because no one called him a devil. Because no human can become a demon. No one can, maybe, except him.

Jay lifted the corners of lips, "I see that the epiphany is slowly setting on you. You have to embrace your cruelty, that is the only way you become 'you'."

Jay stood up on his legs and leaned close to the other's cheek, his breath dancing lightly on Heesung's skin. "Wake up, let the demon in you rise from that slumber you forced it into."

And just like that, he left the place. He left Heesung alone, handcuffed with new thoughts that were far too dream like.

He left with nothing in hand, but gave far too much.

Silken dreams, diamond studded hopes and a phantasmagoric chance that would paint his life in brighter colours.

Jay left him with nothing but a promise of the devil.

*********
Maybe it was Sunoo's paranoia or there actually was a ghost behind his curtain.

"Jungwoonn!" He screamed for his fellow officer who came running down the stairs to see why the other was screaming.

"What happened!?" Exclaimed Jungwon, his gun already out in position, "Is it an intruder!?" Sunoo studied the other carefully and replied,

"I think this place is haunted."

The other silently put his gun down with a defeated expression and then turned it towards Sunoo, "You know what? I think I'm going to shoot you."

"Oh come on. I actually felt some one there." He whined, raising his hands. "I really wonder which idiot gave you this job." Mumbled Jungwon under his breathe.

"Oh my, you're mean." Smiled Sunoo and the dark haired one just said, "And you're dumb."

Pretending not to hear that, Sunoo reached for his table and pulled out the file he was reading. On it, were bold letters reading, 'NIDRA'.

"What did you get to know about them?" Asked Jungwon to which the other replied, "Nothing much, sadly. I just know that these series of murders are being done by them."

"Every time they kill someone, they put a design on their cheek. It's just one single sea wave with the words 'Nidra', but it's scary enough. They're not lunatics for sure, cause they know what they're doing."

Jungwon reached for the report and read through, "Each murder is different, with no pattern. Then I think it's not one person who's doing this, it's mostly a group."

"Exactly." Murmured Sunoo, "And they're doing this as a warning, a sign to panic. These murders are just the beginning."

He sighed as he held his head, running his fingers on his temple,

"What do you want, Nidra?" He mumbled, "What is it that will stop you?"