CHAPTER 11

Heesung walked quietly through the dark hallways with a quaint smile tugging on his lips.

Through the resonating silence the night offered, he brought himself to an empty balcony that gave him a view of the crashing waters of the Sea.

"The sea is unusually calm today." He told himself, his skin completely drenched in moon light with his hair casting shadows down his forehead.

What a contrast.

The usually ferocious sea is calm today while his usually silent heart is screaming.

Today was too good for him, too beautiful. Everything was a surprise, everything a different moment. The memories of today cannot be created ever again.

No, not all.

For a man who is dead now, cannot be killed again.

Each time he kills, he will bring an unchangeable, never recurring fact to this world. He will contribute to time with irrevocable beauty that can never be impersonated.

A cold hand then gripped his shoulder softly, eventually piercing into his shoulder till its presence became too over bearing, From the palm came five glistening fingers, each shaded in pitch black.

"Who are you?" Asked Heeseung, not with fear but with appreciated curiosity. "I know you already figured who I am." Said a velvet voice that was way too recognisable.

The dark figure behind him shifted with the wind, now perching on his shoulder with its claws clenched to his skin. Its grey mouth fell lopsidedly into an ugly grin as it bought it near to his ear, gently breathing onto him.

"You know me very well, Heeseung." Said the figure, "Why do you even bother to ask?". Heeseung hummed as a response, holding the cold fingers of the creature with his own warm ones, his head falling back onto the other.

Such solace. Who could want more?

"I wanted to thank you, Heeseung." Continued the creature, almost merging into the dark, "If it wasn't for what you did today, I would have never been formed, never born."

"Not at all." Chuckled Heeseung, "You're a delight to be with, you helped me move away from that boring life I hated so much."

With that, Heeseung turned around, his eyes filled with phantasmagoric delight. He turned around to a person he was always with, his ever constant friend.

The creature blended into colour, its features beginning to gain proper definition. High nose bridge, slim eyes with long lashes and prominent cheek bones.

Heeseung turned around to himself.

To the personality he created on his own through longing and desire. To what that had no regret, no limits. He bent towards the new him and fell into its arms.

Painfully merging completely with the demon.

With the demon that was none other than himself.

*******

"Shall we go now?" Jungwon asked Sunoo, already decked in his ground agent attire, "Wasting too much time would not be a good idea after spending extra hours on creating new plans."

"Yes, yes." The other replied, his hands pushing himself out the chair. Just as the two were about to step out, Niki came gliding into their view.

Sunoo made a mental note that Niki would be a proficient skater if he was not an intern.

"Where are you going?" He asked eagerly, his hair bouncing with each word, "Wherever that is, can I join?" Jungwon stifled a laugh at this while Sunoo mentally cooed.

"Nuh-uh, Niki." Jungwon said, reaching out to ruffle the younger's hair, "Just not today, okay? You still need to be experienced in paper work before ground action."

Sunoo watched on with sweet eyes, his genuine smile plastered up on his face. This, however, faltered for a second when he felt like he had seen a dark glare etch on Niki's face.

Like the flash of something terrible.

Sunoo was maybe too cooped up into this criminal world that he suspected everyone. But something in his brain worried about that momentary scene.

Was it just a trick of light or was it something sinister?

Maybe it was just harmless boyish disappointment upon not being allowed to do macho man work, right?

Yes, that was it.

I mean, what else could this cute little bun ever be?

________________________________

Pineapples on pizza is good or not?
Cause I never tried it and I wanna know.