CHAPTER 26

Sunoo's tears mixed with the rain and flowed in steady, silver streams down his face as he knocked on Jungwon's door.

His beautiful dark hair,the colour of night time, was completely wet and matted down, but the boy didn't know if it was because of his sweat or rain.

The faint moonlight fell lazily upon him, making his features stand out. His soft eyes, pale skin and sound finishes on his jaw. He looked ethereal,

The door then opened to reveal a stunned Jungwon, his eyes panicking greatly, "Sunoo? Are you okay?"

Is he? Probably not.

Jungwon led him inside, pulling a blanket around him. He eyed his best friend with a sad gaze, this was not how he wanted his friend to be like.

And he he sat down in the warmth of Jungwon's simple fireplace, cherishing the way the fire's tender heat wrapped itself around his cold limbs and cheeks, slowly defreezing them.

"Now, tell me." Jungwon said,

And Sunoo really did try to speak, to say those words that were crushing him down, but it was far too difficult.

So he tried again.

This time he put an effort and carefully shaped the words, forcing them to make sense, "Ni-ki.. he never was with us."

Jungwon narrowed his eyes, his forehead creasing, "Wha..What do you mean?" Sunoo gave a broken chuckle,

"That bastard Ni-ki was always with the Nidra."

He opened his bag and threw the pen-drive out, "Look, he hid this video from us. It shows some guy walking into the Heeseung guy's house."

Jungwon took it and said, "Wait, back when we were seeing that video from the camera, I noticed a flash on the screen." Sunoo nodded, "I did too."

Jungwon spoke on, "I noticed that the time stamps were very much different, I wanted to say something, but that call from the office stopped me."

So Ni-ki was quick to notice every thing, wasn't he? He made sure that not a thing stepped out of line, what a clever boy.

"So what now?" Sunoo asked, his hands fumbling with the cushion, Jungwon just shrugged, "We know their faces."

"We just have to hunt them down."

******

Heeseung looked up at the boy, he barely knew him, nothing outside of formal introductions.

But it was crystal clear that he was panicking, anticipating treacherous things.

Sunghoon darkened at this, clicking his tongue, "What the hell were you doing?" His voice spoke of aggression, a drastic contrast to his usual dim behaviour.

"Let him speak." Jake spoke, holding onto Sunghoon's shoulder. Jake's voice may have been soft and caring, but his eyes spoke a whole different story.

Beady, poised and venomous, his gaze felt like that of a snake's to Heeseung and he was more than glad to not be the subject of that gaze.

Ni-ki, however, didn't falter. His fear was clearly not Jake, but rather something from the outside, "Those fools got their hands on CCTV recording."

"There were no CCTV cameras over there." Jay began, "There was." Ni-ki interrupted, "One lousy camera right outside Heeseung's apartment."

Heeseung felt his heart rate quicken as Ni-ki continued, "It's hidden completely, no one knew it existed. That was until they checked around and caught a glimpse of it."

The silence prevailed and Heeseung didn't even try to break it. He wanted to ask questions, of course, knowing that Jay might answer him.

But right now, he wouldn't test the waters, no matter how shallow. This was a far too crucial moment for this organised crime ring.

They were new, this was probably their first hurdle.

"We can't run, they'll be all over the streets for us." Jay said softly, looking at Jake. Ni-ki leaned against the door, watching them all.

In room were Jake, Jay, Sunghoon, Ni-ki and Heeseung. Five people with different stories, all facing one problem.

Jake began, "What if we find them before they find us. Let's take it to the ground before they do. It's not hard to kill them."

"They're hunting for, so are we. It's just the matter of time now."Jake glazed lightly as he got up, "Let's see who'll find the other first. It's hide and seek~"

"And the counting starts now."

________________________________

Tell me children,

Do y'all want to heejay to kiss or what?