Allie pt. 1| 38

We make it to the airport at a quarter-past-twelve, and we all start to scurry out of the van. As we make our way towards the airport entrance, I suddenly stop. I look behind me to see if Thomas's mom has left and to no surprise she has. I take a deep breath and continue to walk. I catch up with the rest of the group, and we head inside. As we walk through the airport doors, we start to look for Allie. I start to shake from fear, and Newt can tell. Newt pulls me aside from the group and puts his hands on my shoulders; he looks me in the eyes and says, "It's going to be alright, darling. We are all here for you if anything goes wrong. I have your back, and so does everyone else, especially Brenda.".

"I- I just don't know if I'm ready to see her. What if she has a new best friend or tries to take you from me? What would I do then? I'd have no best friend and no boyfriend." I say all in one breath.

"Y/n look, even if she does, there is nothing she can do to make me like her the way I like you. She doesn't make me laugh like you do, she doesn't know me like you do, and I don't know her as I know you. Like how you can't sleep without the teddy your dad gave you for your third birthday, or when t.v. shows kill off your favourite character, you feel like someone you actually know died." Newt says, pulling me into a hug.

I sit there in his embrace, thinking about what he said. I hear someone call our names, and I instantly know who it is. It's Allie.