Meeting his friends | 6

As we are sitting down and waiting for our ice cream, we see the same group of boys from the mall. They are probably here to see Newt. I watch as they walk up to the ice cream bar, and I can see the look of annoyance on Newt's face from here as one of them says, "Newtie's first day at his big boy job."  and then proceeds to order a huge and complicated order just to mess with him.

"Seriously guys, I have actual customers to take care of," Newt says making his way over to my table.

"Sorry for the wait, here are your ice creams," Newt says, still visibly annoyed.

"It's ok, Newtie," I say, trying to make him laugh at the ridiculous nickname.

"Not you too," he says with a small chuckle.

"And who are you?" one of his friends says to me as they all pull up chairs to my table.

"I'm Allie, and this is Y/n," Allie answers for me.

"Tommy, leave them alone, please I don't need my friends ruining my chance with her," Newt says while turning his head to smile at me.

"Don't worry Newt we will make sure they are safe while you go back to work," Tommy says with a look of mischief on his face.

"Newt, it's fine. They're not going to bother us." I say with a small smile.

"Ok," he says with a worried look on his face. As he walks back to the counter, he mouths the words 'I'm watching you' to Tommy.

"So..." I say awkwardly.

"You look strangely familiar, do I know you?" Tommy asks.

"Um, kinda, I was the one Newt bumped into at the mall," I say shyly.

"Oh yes, ok, that makes sense now," he replies.

"So are you going to introduce us to your friends Tommy," Allie says, trying to break the obvious tension.

"Oh yes, so this is Minho, Alby, Gally, and the youngest down there is Chuck, my little brother. Oh, and my actual name is Thomas." Thomas says, pointing to all of the boys.

After that, Allie basically carried the conversation on, just talking about random things. It was actually really fun to hang out with them and get to know everyone. It almost made me forget about Allie leaving. We continued talking until Newt's shift was over, then we all exchanged numbers and said goodbye. Allie and I start to walk home when we notice the boys are walking behind us.

"So, are you guys stalking us now?" Allie says, turning around and laughing.

"Oh, of course we are. Not like we have anything better to do," Minho says with a deep chuckle. "But we actually are going this way. We are going to watch 'The Grudge' in the cinema." He continues.

"Care to join?" Gally asks with his eyebrows raised even more than normal.

I look at Allie to see if she wants to, and she gives a little shrug.

"Sure, just let me text my mom," I say.

*ON THE PHONE*

Y/n: Hey, mom can I go to the movies with friends?

Mom: Sure. What time will you be home?

Y/n: 3-4 hours maybe.

Mom: Ok just text me when you get home.

Y/n: Ok thank you, love you.

Mom: Love you too. Have fun.