The cinema | 8

We walk to the usher, and he tells us the movie is in Theatre 6. I am kind of scared because I never really liked horror movies, but it's not like I'm going to freak out.

We end up sitting pretty close to the last row. As I sit down Gally tries to sit next to me, unfortunately for him Newt would have none of that and quickly sorted that situation out.

"Um... no move Gally."

"Why? I'm already sitting down?" Gally replies, with a raised eyebrow. 

"Because... I just like this seat better,"

"But-" 

"Just move over you bloke," Newt says, as he cuts Gally off. 

Gally quickly gets up and moves to sit beside Minho. Newt takes his seat and gives a small smile to me. Not long after the movie starts and we all quiet down. So far, the movie was good, but every time there was a jump scare, I would jump out of my seat, it was honestly so embarrassing, especially because no one else would even react. At some point, in my constant state of fear, Newt had put his arm around my waist, and every time I would jump, he would squeeze my waist just a little to show me it was ok.

"The movie is almost over, love, don't worry." He whispered in my ear as he could probably see that I am extremely scared and just want this nightmare to be over.

Wait, did he just call me love? Oh lord, he is so cute. What is wrong with me, we just met. I can't be thinking about this. I should probably move, but I really don't want to. Ugh, why does this stuff have to be so confusing?

I finally get snapped back to reality by the lights coming on and everyone standing up.

Oh, the movie is over. Thank god.

We start to leave the cinema and started walking home. Apparently, the boys are sleeping over at Thomas's house, and they are all walking there, so Allie and I are about to walk to my house when Allie tells me that her mom wants her home and that she is getting picked up. Now I'm about to start walking home. Alone. As a young girl, it's a little worrying to be out at night alone, but it's not that dark. I just hope that I get home before it's too dark. I'm saying goodbye to everyone when Newt asks me if I'm walking alone.

"Yeah, I am, but it's ok. It's only a twenty-minute walk anyway."

"That's not safe at all, do you know what could happen in twenty minutes?"

"It's fine, really." It really isn't, but I don't really have much of a choice.

"No, it's not. I'm walking you home." 

"Do I have a choice?" I say sarcastically.

"No, just let me tell Tommy that I'll be a little late."

"Oh no, don't miss the hangout because of me, I'll be fine. I promise." I say now, feeling bad.

"No, I want to, I'll just get a cab to Tommy's house."

"If you insist."