Treasure | 14

I wake up to the sound of little feet pattering on the floor. I open my eyes and see Lizzy poking Newt and me, trying to wake us. I slowly get up trying not to wake Newt because he looks so peaceful. I walk to Lizzy and pick her up.

"Are you sure you don't love Newt?" she says.

"Lizzy, Newt and I are just friends," I say, laughing at her wild imagination.

"Can we play a game?"

"Sure, what do you want to play?"

"Hungry hippos!" she says with excitement.

"Ok, but we have to be quiet because Newt is sleeping," I say as I put my finger to my lip.

"I'll be so quiet," Lizzy says, mimicking my action.

We start to play the game, and surprisingly, Lizzy is pretty quiet. We play a few rounds before Newt walks into the kitchen from the living room. His hair's a mess, and he stretches as he walks up to us. He clearly just woke up, but man, was he cute.

"Hey, you two," he says with a sleepy voice.

"Hey, Lizzy woke me up, and you looked like you needed sleep, so we decided to play a game. Care to join?"

"Sure, what are we playing?"

"HUNGRY HIPPOS!" Lizzy says, happy her brother is playing too.

"Ok, set up the next round. I'm going to get a drink, do you want anything?"

"Can I get a glass of water, please?" I say.

"I want apple juice, please," Lizzy says in the cutest voice possible.

"Ok, I'll be right back," Newt says as he walks into the pantry.

Newt comes back with a juice box and two bottles of water. He sits down beside me, and we start to play again. I could tell that Lizzy enjoyed playing with the two of us more than just me. We played three more rounds before Lizzy got bored and wanted to watch Moana. I set Lizzy down on the couch while Newt puts on Moana. Newt and I sit beside Lizzy, I'm on the long seat, Newt is beside me with his legs on my seat, and Lizzy is beside him. After the movie, Newt and I decide to make dinner. Lizzy is sleeping on the couch as she has fallen asleep watching the movie. We decide to make spaghetti with meatballs.

"Do you mind if I put some music on? I don't like to cook without it." Newt asks with a smile.

"No, go ahead as long as it's not country."

"Ok, no problem."

Newt puts on the music but at a low volume to not wake Lizzy. We start to cook and dance to the music when 'Treasure' by Bruno Mars comes on, and then Newt starts to sing and dance to me.

"You look like a fool," I say hysterically, laughing.

"I know that you don't know it, but you're fine, so fine." he ignores my statement and continues to sing the lyrics of the song.

"Come on, dance with me." Newt whines.

I give in and start to jump around while stirring the sauce, I start to sing along.

"Treasure, that is what you are. Honey, you're my golden star. You know you can make my wish come true."

Newt comes up close, so we are face to face and sings. "You are my treasure, yeah, you, you, you, you are."

I start to blush and hide my face in my hands.

We finished making dinner and woke up Lizzy, it was not easy. She sleeps like a log. As I put the spaghetti into bowls, some sauce splashes on my face.

"You got a little something right there. Let me get it." Newt says, wiping the sauce from my cheek.

"Thank you," I say with a smile.

I give Newt a bowl and bring two to the table for Lizzy and me.

"Spaghetti!!" Lizzy says, jumping in her seat.

We start to eat as Lizzy tells us all about the dream that she had. Once we finished eating, Newt and I cleaned up and put the dishes away. Newt's parents are going to be home soon, so I text my mom to tell her to pick me up.