The café | 21

I woke up to a text from the group chat.

Alby: Do you guys want to go out for lunch?

Newt: Ya, that sounds great.

Thomas: Ya, I'm down

Minho: Same

Ben: I can't, sorry.

Alby: It's ok

Gally: I have to babysit.

Minho: Ok

Allie: Where are we going?

Y/n: How about the lucky bean café?

Alby: Ok, we will meet in 20

Y/n: Ok

*IN PERSON*

I get changed and walk downstairs to tell my mom I'm leaving.

"Hey, I'm going to the café down the street with my friends."

"Ok, be home soon."

"Ok, love you."

"Love you too."

I put my shoes on and walk out the front door. I start to walk down the street and listen to my music. The café is only a few minutes away so I don't mind walking. I make it to the café before everyone so I order myself an iced coffee and wait for the rest of them. Not long after, Allie comes in and sits with me.

"Can we talk?" Allie asks.

"Yeah, what's up?"

"So I know you like Newt but-" Allie says before she was cut off by Newt coming in and sitting beside me.

"We can continue this later," Allie says.

"So, what were you guys talking about?" Newt asks.

"Nothing," Allie says.

"Ok then," Newt says awkwardly.

"Do you guys want anything? I'm going to go order a new iced coffee." I ask, getting up from my seat.

"Can you get me iced coffee with almond milk and sweetener?" Allie says.

"Can I get an orange pekoe tea, please?" Newt says, pulling money out from his wallet.

"Ok, I'll be right back," I say.

"Wait, I'll pay," Newt says, handing me money.

"No, I am paying," I say sternly.

"But-" Newt says before I cut him off.

"I am paying this time," I say before I walk off to go order.

As I'm ordering, Newt comes up from behind me and puts the money on the counter. I turn around and roll my eyes. I walk to the other side of the counter to wait for the drinks, and Newt comes up and wraps his arms around my waist. I try to move them, but he turns me around to face him.

"What's wrong," he says with a concerned voice.

"I said I was going to pay. Every time I try to pay for something, you won't let me," I say angrily.

"I just like to buy you things, is that so bad?"

"Only when it's everything I want."

"I just don't see the problem," he says, putting his hands up in defence.

"Whatever, I don't want to start a fight. Just let me pay every once in a while. Ok?" I say, walking back to the table with the drinks in hand.

"We will talk about it later," Newt says, sitting down beside me.

"Fine."

As we sit down, everyone starts to come in. Everyone orders their food and drink and comes to sit down. We all start to talk when Allie pulls me aside to the girls' bathroom.

"What's up?" I ask.

"I need to tell you something, but you can't get mad, ok?"

"I would never get mad at you. What's going on?"

"So you know how you fell asleep at the bonfire? Well, when you were asleep, Newt and I were talking, and I started to notice how funny he was, and I've always found him cute. I just- just, I like him. Like a lot." Allie says and waits for my reply.

I storm out of the bathroom and walk to the table, grabbing my things and getting ready to leave. Allie comes rushing out of the bathroom and tries to talk to me.

"Y/n-" Allie says.

"No, you don't get to talk. You knew I liked him. You knew I wanted to be with him. You would sit and talk with me about how cute we are. YOU ARE A LYING SON OF A BITCH! I trusted you. This isn't even the first time you've done this. You are supposed to be my best friend. Why would you do this? Why can't you let me be happy? Do I not deserve to be in love? You are full of shit. I never want to see you again!" I say, screaming at her in the middle of the café.

"What's going on?" Alby asks.

"Nothing. I'm just leaving." I say, going to the door.

"No, Y/n, please stay," Allie says.

"NO! FUCK YOU!" I say, walking out of the café.

I walk out and start to speed home when I feel someone tap on my shoulder.

"Get the fuck away from me, Allie," I say, not even turning around.

"It's not Allie."

I turn around and see Newt standing there with his arms open for a hug. I run and hug him as tight as possible as he starts to rub my back and whisper, 'It's ok'. I start to cry, and Newt pulls away to look at me.

"It's fine. No need to cry," he says as he wipes the tears from under my eyes.

"I-it's just- I like you so much. But...she-she likes you." I cry.

Newt pulls me back into his embrace and tries to calm me.

"It's ok, you don't need to talk. Let's just get you home." He says, starting to walk with his arm around me.