She's almost here | 37

I wake up and roll over onto my side and reach for my phone. I unlock it and look at my notifications. I see that I got a text from Newt, and my face lights up with a smile.

*ON THE PHONE*

Newt: Hey, are we going to see Allie today with the group, or are we staying in?

Y/n: I don't know if I'm going, but that doesn't mean you can't.

Newt: I don't want to go if you aren't.

Y/n: I will probably go, I just don't want a fight to break out again.

Newt: Nothing will happen, I promise.

Y/n: Fine, do you want to come over then we can go see Allie.

Newt: Sure, I'll be there soon.x

Y/n: Ok, see you soon.x

*IN PERSON*

I checked the time, and it was already ten o'clock, and we were supposed to meet Allie at the airport around twelve-thirty. I get out of bed and rush to pick out a white cropped tank top, light blue mom jeans paired with my grey and black high-top vans and my bra and underwear. I take my clothes and speaker and walk into my bathroom. I pair my phone to my speaker and put on some music. I place my clothes on the counter and turn the shower on. I take my pyjamas off and step into the shower. The hot water ripples down my body, and I instantly feel relaxed. I grab my strawberry-scented shampoo and start to wash my hair. I run my fingers through my hair and slowly wash out the shampoo. I wash my body well, singing along to 'Youth' by Daughter. I can kind of hear people talking downstairs, and I assume it's Newt and my mom. I rush to finish my shower, I get out and wrap a towel around my body. I dry myself off and Start to put on my clothes and brush my hair and teeth. Once I'm ready, I walk out of the bathroom, closing the door behind me. I walk downstairs, and the talking becomes louder with every step I take, and I start to hear more than two people talking. I make it downstairs and see Newt, Thomas and Minho all talking to my mom in my living room.

"Umm...Newt, I thought that you were the only one coming over. Why didn't you tell me these two shanks were coming as well." I say, surprised, happy, but surprised.

"Well, I was just about to leave my house, love, then the two showed up at my front door saying that we were carpooling. So then we all came here. I hope that's okay, Tommy's mum is going to drive us." he said, walking towards me and giving me a small kiss on the cheek.

"Yeah, it's okay. I just didn't expect half of the gladers to be here," I say, putting emphasis on gladers.

"Well, get used to it, you klunk head, and you are a member of the gladers now, so you can't make fun of our group's name," Minho says.

"Fine, but can we maybe think of a new name for the group?" I ask.

"NO!" they all say in unison.

I turn my head to my mom and laugh, "Do you see what I have to deal with?".

"They are something, that's for sure." my mom says as she's laughing at our stupidity.

"Wow, Miss. Y/L/N, I thought you were our friend." Minho says while Thomas makes a fake hurt face.

"Sorry boys, but you seem like a handful when you are together," she says, putting her hands up in defence.

"We are a handful all the time. It doesn't matter if we are together or not," Minho says.

"Well, we have to go and pick the rest of the group up. It was nice meeting you, Miss. Y/L/N." Thomas says.

"It was nice meeting you boys, and as always, nice seeing you, Newt. Have fun, guys." my mom says, walking us out of the door.

We walk towards Tommy's mom's van and get in. Thomas gets into the front seat, and Minho, Newt and I are in the middle. We are driving to Brenda's house to pick her up. As we drive, we begin to play a game.

"I'm going on a trip bringing a jumper," Newt says.

"I'm going on a trip, and I'm bringing a jumper and a pair of pants," I say, trying to guess what the pattern is.

"Sorry, love, but you can't come," he says.

"My turn. I'm going on a trip, and I'm bringing a jumper and a T-shirt." Minho says.

"Nope, you can't come," Newt says.

"I'm going on a trip, and I'm bringing a jumper and a hat," Thomas says.

We continue to play until we get to Brenda's house, Newt and I move to the last row as Thomas and Minho get out and go to get Brenda. Brenda joins Minho in the middle row, and we start to drive to the airport.